• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
im_ahmad says

After reading about improving typography I am practicing my skills with new theme, so I decidided to create a simple template which focus on good typography, this is a screenshot of my not complete theme, should I continue writing this theme ?

420 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
Jaynesh says

Hi Asalah,

It’s hard to judge the template at its current stage. I think you need to spend more than 1 day on this.

Here is a good example which was posted recently based on readability. http://themeforest.net/item/read-responsive-html5-minimalist-template/full_screen_preview/3772717

Any theme that focuses on great typography and readability, is going to be great. Don’t mistake it’s simplicity into thinking its going be a quick and easy job.

Do what your eyes tell you. If you are in doubt of any element, change it. Don’t start tilting your head around to see if it looks better in different angles (I’ve done this many times). This is one of the things that will help you to create great design.

Show us what you have in a few more days.

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says

Based on what I see there, you still need to improve your spacing and choice of fonts. They are too crowded and the fonts are a bit too ‘common’. Perhaps you should use something else for headings.

Also, the quotation doesn’t look nice. It just doesn’t fit the design at all. Good luck improving and don’t give up!

2180 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

If you are practicing i dont think you should upload these themes to sell .. but still looks not balanced , remember should be pleasing to the eye .. keep improoving you’re on track :)

6 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Guaca says

I agree with jaynesh, it’s too early to tell. In my opinion, get all your elements and widgets and etc. laid out on the page first. Basically get all that stuff covered / at least in mind before you worry about the design too too much. Account for everything, and then try to build an attractive design around it.

by
by
by
by
by
by