9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
RubyLu says

I think it looks great, TulTul, don’t give up. In my overall opinionl, here are some things you should to to change it up and make it more likely to get approved (and get more sales.)

1. Take the trapezoid shape off of the logo area and just create a clean, transparent PNG logo to put there; no special shape behind it. Also remove the envelope / shape thingy from the Slogan button area, it would look better without it.

2. Remove the crosshatches / dots from around the navigation menu and other areas of the theme. They just don’t look like what you would actually see on a real business website to me.

3. Add a CAROUSEL slider (not a roundabout) and a Cycle slider that allows for an image or video AND text content on the same slide – see this awesome template for an example: http://themeforest.net/item/corporated-html/136763?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=bogdanspn

4. Remove the triangle cut-outs from the top of the footer area. Also remove the crosshatches / dashes at the bottom of the footer.

5. Make the footer MUCH smaller. You know how your comments from the theme reviewers about rejection said alot of the themes are the same lately? It’s true, and 99% of them have footers that are way too huge and most buyers don’t need this large of a footer anyway. Make it a bit smaller; or make options for big and small footers.

6. Make the ENTIRE template, including the header and footer areas BOXED , rather than wide (or, if you really like the wide version as it is now – offer both.)

7. Change the colors a bit….give it a bit of excitement, maybe a royal blue or a passionate red. Lots of themes are white, gray, black, vanilla, aka plain, boring colors. All these themes look the same to the theme reviewers (and to the buyers on Themeforest.) Make it stand out. Blue and Red are 2 colors that are used very often in corporate businesses; yet, they are under-represented on Themeforest, there aren’t nearly enough of them to go around.

8. Try adding MOVING testimonials (ones that scroll or switch out on their own) somewhere fairly prominent on the homepage. Alot of buyers really like to have these (I know I do!!) yet trying to find a template that has them is not easy, they’re not used often enough. I’m sure the reviewers will also find that this is a unique bonus touch to add.

Try adding another bonus like a Landing Page, Mobile, or Email template to help fuel theme approval and sales.

Look at some of the all-time best selling and most popular Corporate / Businesss site templates—ones like Karma, Unite, and Clockstone come to mind; I love all 3 of these and all are epic in their own way in my opinion. Look at each one, make sure you include everything they did (tabs, toggles, accordions, filterable portfolios, various portfolio types, prettyPhoto, snazzy sample images, stylized lists, etc etc). Here are the links:

http://themeforest.net/item/unite-html-business-magazine-community-site/84401?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=Parallelus http://themeforest.net/item/karma-clean-and-modern-website-template/234990?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=TrueThemes http://themeforest.net/item/clockstone-ultimate-website-template/221977?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=cmsmasters

Give your template a really cool, catchy and memorable name. Tag is a simple word, easily forgotten. Think about naming it something different with the letter T…Tyson, Tofu, Tigress, Tyranny, Tryptophan…just a couple that come to mind, see what I mean?

Best of luck, I tried to be as honest as possible I truly hope this helps! :)

90 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
PixFlow says

no

162 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
anariel7 says

Hi,

some advices that i can write u after short look on your site, pay more attention to the white space, you have to much white space for example on contact page between box and paragraph, check this on the other pages because you have more of this. Maybe on the contact page where you have sidebar, Our Location, background is not the best, it goes with the shadow and than at the end looks like cut off, better make some smooth transition. You can also make little different buttons,more attractive to give a flavor to the design. Maybe change also the background for the bottom part on the home page, where you have slider with photos, i think because you have on the rest of the page some sand color as a background that you can stick with something in this scheme, because here you have some gray background and it is to much of it. On the Service, Product page you can put some nicer icons, smaller… You can make also pagination better, nicer. Also shadow on portfolio pages are not best, make this nicer, they don`t look good now. And choose one color,you have orange on the most of the page and than you put blue on the breadcrumbs. You need to pay more attention also to blog page,to the white space,margins, now it doesn`t look best, also same thing as in portfolio for the shadow part and for the sidebar background. On About page, Meet the team part doesn`t look good, space between elements….

Don`t give up, try to polish details,white space,margins, shadows….

Hope you will find here something helpful

Greets

90 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
UniquePixelWeb says

After 5 rejections i got my template approved…yayyy :) Thanks to everyone for your inspiring words and suggestions. it feels awsome to see my item in the tf list like other authors. Now the challenge is to sell well, hmm…

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rayoflightt says

This thread is a really nice story about not giving up. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by