• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Latvia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Depard says

Hi again!

Today I need advice from you. First of all sorry for my bad English,if I make some mistakes, please correct me.

So this is it,this week my item becomed featured,I’m really happy about that.Thanks Envato! But I’m dissapointed to.Rock music sales are really slow here, when I make corporate music,I have more sales.And problem is that I can’t make corporate tracks,when there are heavy rock riffs in my head.I hope you can understand why,You can’t make some sort of music just because You need to,You make something what’s in Your head.

Everyone knows that best music genre here is corporate motivotional,with catchy piano tunes,than some bells and of course claps:)

So now I have few things to think about.

1.Should I try to make my Rock music better,update my profile page and try to be best Rock music seller here?

2.Should I become non-exclusive author and try to sell my music elsewhere?

3.Or should I leave AudioJungle and try to become exclusive author on other marketplace? I know that we can’t talk about other marketplaces here,but I don’t need names.I just need practical advice.

I have never used another marketplaces,only AudioJungle so I don’t know will I get something better than here.And I understand that if my rock item was featured,Envato is not presenting itself like Corporate Music marketplace.But I need to change something.

So I’m waiting for Your advice.Please help me.

Thank you, Alex

101 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
JCKerosene says

Well, I would say if you like doing rock music…go for it. Maybe just adjust your aim a little and make it a bit more bouncy. I have rock tracks up and they ve all sold so far..I mean the ve only been up for a bout a month but I hav eone that sold 3 times so far and a few others. o maybe a smaller market out there fo rit, but I see tons of ads using rock tracks. give it your own spin. I have two accounts here, one exclusive and one-non exclusive. non exclusive is 33% now which isn’t terrible so maybe thats a way fo ryou to go, post some tracks and se how they fair. When I write a track I decide weather I want to put on my exclusive portfolio or non, as I’m also still feeling it out.

JC

413 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+7 more
NikiN Reviewer says

The most sold rock track has 1280 sales, so it’s safe to say that there still is plenty of interest for rock on AudioJungle. And a lot of rock tracks are used as motivational music, if they are upbeat and all that.

My suggestion is stick around :) I have 2, maybe 3 files in the motivational category and I am very pleased with my overall number of sales.

Just be patient, let the good things happen by themselves :)

711 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+4 more
plastic3 says

Hi Alex! You don’t need to leave AJ in any case, because this marketplace claims to be the best..especially now, when your track was featured..

212 posts Live Creative!
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • United States
BrownHouseMedia says

First you need to decide why you are creating music – are you doing it for the sake of art or are you trying to generate revenue with your music. Most of the buyers that visit library sites are buying music for “corporate” use, corporate can have a variety of meaning but typically this is for a video, radio spot, tv ad, youtube video etc… They are looking for music that creates a particular mood and environment for their product or message. That is why “corporate” music typically sells better than other categories. At the end of the day if you want more sales you have to think like a buyer and create music that works for their needs.

If you are doing this for the sake of your art, create the tracks you like and some will sell, just not as many. I don’t think a different library will help you increase your sales much. Your rock tracks sound good but the market for them in the royalty free library world is smaller than other types of tracks.

At the end of the day you just have to decide why you are creating music.

429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

Corporate music has the best success in ALL music marketplaces for various reasons. It’s just the way of the world ;)

428 posts
  • Latvia
Depard says

I know that there are a lot of rock items with sales number over 100,but almost all of them are something between rock and corporate music…

889 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
jhunger says

Hi Depard,

Here’s my rambling opinion on your questions:

1. Yes, by all means try to be the best rock author here! I think it’s absolutely true that corporate and commercial tracks sell better because there’s simply more demand for them. If you’re writing for a marketplace, it’s always imperative to keep in mind that your track will 99% of time be background to a visual piece, there to enhance the emotion but not get in the way (to paraphrase a friend of mine who does video, if the audience consciously hears the soundtrack then it’s the wrong soundtrack). However, the rock genre of music can fit this bill if done right. I also believe that very few people can convincingly create music in a genre that they don’t enjoy or are not comfortable with. It sounds like rock is what you enjoy and what you need to produce to be happy creating music, and that’s fantastic because you can connect with so many people that way. I’m the same way with the folk-acoustic genre – it’s what I’ve played and listened to for years – but also try to find ways to make that marketable (yes, using the occasional hand claps :P).

Not that you shouldn’t try experimenting with other genres – some of the most successful authors here do that – but not if it makes you unhappy or demotivated.

2. You could, and I and others here have done this with some success, but lately I’ve been hesitant to recommend this to people at AudioJungle because of the overhead of maintaining your tracks on all the different marketplaces. Also, I’ve found that for the most part with very few exceptions the songs of mine that are popular on AJ are popular elsewhere, and the ones that are duds on AJ are also duds elsewhere. So I haven’t seen any evidence that AJ is the corporate music marketplace, Site B is the rock marketplace, Site C is the folk marketplace, etc.

3. In my opinion, stick with AJ, for the reasons mentioned in #2. The exclusive option at AJ is far more lucrative than on other major sites, where usually the only difference is a few percentage points between non-exclusive and exclusive. On AJ you can potentially be 70% exclusive vs 33% non, or more than double the take. At the very least go non-exclusive but stay with AJ. Or, set yourself up on some other sites and just post songs that you’re not posting on AJ to try them out.

271 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
sweetwaveaudio says

Hey man. Rock is my main thing (although i try and upload a wide variety) and things are going well for me. Im best at rock tracks but I try keep them in a feel good, up tempo style whether it be pop rock or 70s rock. Im actually a drummer in a rock band so rock is always in my head!! You just need to think of something thats catchy, modern and can be used in different ways. Iv only been here for just over a month so I can’t say what you should or shouldn’t do with and real conviction but it’s working for me so far. I was featured last week and it made a big difference. I had 4th top selling track last week and its still selling pretty much every day.

564 posts
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

I would set up another nonexclusive account and brand yourself as the go to guy for rock and as non-exclusive you can list your rock songs with as many sites as you like, so maybe would generate more money having a what some would call less in demand category spread out more around the web.

by
by
by
by
by
by