1402 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

It sounds to me that you have to keep all your css in a single stylesheet, with the media queries in order.
Of course not, no one restricts you to the number of actual css files. It’s just a rule that if you have media-queries in css file, they should be grouped at the bottom.
Yeah I get that, what I meant was that the main stylesheet will need its relevant media queries in the same stylesheet, which means that under the guidelines the responsiveness can’t be easily removed from the DOM with JS, unless a different approach (@import) is used or there’s a nice little trick with JS that I am unaware of :)
You don’t have to do it like that.

Instead, have one separate css file for all responsive queries in your theme (could be little harder if you use css frameworks like bootstrap). That way it’s super easy to control things.

1220 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

We provided it in few of our themes, in the bottom in footer

315 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

No no no. I will not make responsive optional as long as the item title clearly states “Responsive”. Period.

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

I can’t believe it’s only me who sometimes prefers to view the full sites even on my phone. I’ve a Galaxy SII (big screen but not huge as other modern devices) and it’s so easy to tap+zoom+drag on real sites. For example, i hate newspapers mobiles sites, i just want a full site navigation to have the same experience as on desktop.

1 column of a huuuge scrolling page seems to be the solution for every site on mobile lately, and that’s a very simple approach to the whole thing, imho.

1220 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

I can’t believe it’s only me who sometimes prefers to view the full sites even on my phone. I’ve a Galaxy SII (big screen but not huge as other modern devices) and it’s so easy to tap+zoom+drag on real sites. For example, i hate newspapers mobiles sites, i just want a full site navigation to have the same experience as on desktop. 1 column of a huuuge scrolling page seems to be the solution for every site on mobile lately, and that’s a very simple approach to the whole thing, imho.

+1

296 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CodeFusion says
543 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

Just put a button at the bottom that says “This site’s responsive experience is terrible because the designer failed, but it didn’t have to be that way. Take me to the desktop site.”

That way users will accept that you didn’t know what you were doing without reinforcing the myth that a mobile experience means stripped accessibility, features, and content.

315 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

Just put a button at the bottom that says “This site’s responsive experience is terrible because the designer failed, but it didn’t have to be that way. Take me to the desktop site.” That way users will accept that you didn’t know what you were doing without reinforcing the myth that a mobile experience means stripped accessibility, features, and content.

Yep this would do the job :)

1220 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Actually i do prefer in most cases desktop mode on my mobile phone HTC X8 and i saw some very cool responsive designes.

by
by
by
by
by
by