• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

Hi, I’m stuck at position 2 in the main Queue and 2 in the “add-ons”, after 11 days wait, yet the queue behind me keeps growing and shrinking… is it because authors keep deleting their submissions or is this an error? I mean I’ve been 2 of 146, 2 of 125, and now 2 of 91… but I’m still nr 2 and that just doesn’t add up in my math.

Should I resubmit?

sorry for bugging the reviewers and forum members with this, but I really saw no evolution since friday morning (I know weekends are off).

Thanks, CB

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says

This usually means it is being held for a reason, contact support and ask for the specifics. Do not resubmit.

2269 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says
This usually means it is being held for a reason, contact support and ask for the specifics. Do not resubmit.

I know what you’re talking about, but if it’s being held for review then it’s taken out of the Queue, and you don’t see your position any more, you just get that “your item is being held for review” message and wait for the reviewer to either reject it or approve it. In my case, I can still see the queue, and I don’t think any reviewer even got to see it yet. Thanks anyway for your reply, really appreciate it!

I won’t resubmit just yet, I will contact support after I submit another item, if that item manages to drop in the queue and the other stagnates. Best regards, Contrastblack.

1236 posts
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
HarveyDesign Volunteer moderator says

I think it is just the simple fact that the reviewer(s) started at the top of the queue, rather then at the start ;) The queue has been going down a lot so i’m sure it won’t take long now :P

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says
I think it is just the simple fact that the reviewer(s) started at the top of the queue, rather then at the start ;) The queue has been going down a lot so i’m sure it won’t take long now :P

I noticed the shrinking, and was totally happy about it, for ALL the authors that were lucky enough thus far. But what is the logic of a Queue if you start at the wrong end? :D (are you sure that’s possible?) It wouldn’t be fair for people who waited 11 days like me, or more in some unluckier cases, and reached a top position, for the reviewer to start reviewing some 60 items from the other end :D anyhow… I will be submitting a new item shortly and I will be able to confirm or deny your version as soon as the queue moves. Best regards, Contrastblack.

Later edit : Great, now I’m held for review… at least I know something moved ! :) now just keep your fingers crossed for me please! took ages to produce the file, and some more ages to reach the review team! :X :D

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

Problem solved : nice and easy… took me 30+ hours to create it, spent 11 days in the reviewing Queue, reviewer was done with it in… 10-15 minutes (I’m being indulgent with the timekeeping)... the result :

This File Contains Possibly Suspicious Material

Hi,

While we appreciate the conceptual strengths of this submission, we were unable to include it in GraphicRiver’s library. Unfortunately, GraphicRiver’s policy requires us to decline any item with excessive or contestable asset use. While properly licensed assets are allowed, the core work of any file must be original work by the author. If you wish to include outside assets, please consider using the Envato asset library ( http://graphicriver.net/page/asset_library ) and carefully read the Envato asset use policy ( http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/what-images-videos-illustrations-or-music-can-i-use-in-my-items/ ).

Thank you for submitting to GraphicRiver! Envato Support support@envato.com

This file requires significant improvements or alterations in order to be considered for sale on GraphicRiver. Thank you for your understanding.

Your reviewer was …. (I will not mention the reviewers name, as I see it pointless to destroy his so far incontestable effort and talent)

Considering the fact that any given content present in that file is either a personal render in cinema 4D or a photoshop template created from scratch (I did follow tutorials, I admit, but only in the case of 1 of 9 items, and a template is a template… there is now viable way you can redefine the wheel in that case) I really don’t have ANY idea what “suspicious” content means. I will email envato support, just because it’s close to Christmas and it would be both stupid and sad to continue attacking reviewers or their methods here.

Best regards, Contrastblack.

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says

Yes it is probably a precautionary move, considering a tutorial might cast some doubts. Best that you contact support for clarification.

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

I got my clarification and modified the file accordingly, and resubmitted. 80 out of 83… here we go again. The tutorial I followed, and the item that actually got the file rejected is http://www.tutorial9.net/photoshop/design-a-realistic-3d-baseball-cap-in-photoshop/ which is a pretty thorough tutorial… I was actually afraid this might happen, but since my file was mostly a “base template” onto which other images would be mounted automatically… I was hoping that it would not be a problem. Anyway, thanking the reviewer for the patience and quick explanation, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards, Contrastblack.

116 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
iWebdezine says

Was just reading over that tut the other day, cool indeed…

Hopefully this all gets figured out.

by
by
by
by
by
by