812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Guys I have a question…

Let’s say I wanted to create a custom t-shirt making site, so people can add text and upload pictures/ crop and move it around and finally save as a png or jpeg?

I could do this in flash but is it better to try to do it (much harder) with jquery and make it work cross browser?

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Can you upload a photo to a web page on an iPad? I think the best solution is to build the desktop version with whatever technology is best for the job, then make an app for mobile.

741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

Go with jQuery :)

EDIT :

Can you upload a photo to a web page on an iPad? I think the best solution is to build the desktop version with whatever technology is best for the job, then make an app for mobile.

You can’t on iPad but I suppose you can on Android devices. Dedicated app sounds like a good idea, though.

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Yeah… learning to write apps for iphones/android and whatever else is not really an option.

Dang, I knew flash was going to be an issue but this would be so much easier if Apple supported flash… Oh well.

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Any other suggestions welcome!

by
by
by
by
by
by