812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
iamthwee says

Guys I have a question…

Let’s say I wanted to create a custom t-shirt making site, so people can add text and upload pictures/ crop and move it around and finally save as a png or jpeg?

I could do this in flash but is it better to try to do it (much harder) with jquery and make it work cross browser?

5361 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Can you upload a photo to a web page on an iPad? I think the best solution is to build the desktop version with whatever technology is best for the job, then make an app for mobile.

741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

Go with jQuery :)

EDIT :

Can you upload a photo to a web page on an iPad? I think the best solution is to build the desktop version with whatever technology is best for the job, then make an app for mobile.

You can’t on iPad but I suppose you can on Android devices. Dedicated app sounds like a good idea, though.

812 posts
iamthwee says

Yeah… learning to write apps for iphones/android and whatever else is not really an option.

Dang, I knew flash was going to be an issue but this would be so much easier if Apple supported flash… Oh well.

812 posts
iamthwee says

Any other suggestions welcome!

by
by
by
by
by
by