As far as I know, textdomain should be the name of author or the theme itself that is unique enough. I’m now applying the gettext function to all strings in my theme for localization purpose using the same textdomain which is “uxbarn”.Then I thought about what if using it differently depending on each section in the theme, for example;
- Theme Options section: “uxbarn_options”
- Shortcodes section: “uxbarn_shortcodes”
- CPT section: “uxbarn_cpt”
Just wondering that should I do this?
As a buyer, what do you think? Will this benefit you?
Or I would rather have to use the same textdomain for all strings?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.