52 posts Umbrella
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
UmbrellaStudios says

Hi

We had a case where a buyer rated our item with 1 stars, because a feature which we did not confirm our theme had, and he wanted.

Without going to local, my question is, should buyers rate 1 star items which they bought and this item does not offer a feature which he wanted?

If they should not do that, is there any way to prevent that ?

2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

You’ll just have to live with it, nothing can be done against such people. Try to always be nice to them and help the best you can, sometimes this turns a 1 into a 5 :)

I hate being nice to scumbags too, but 2 years of Elite support taught me you just need to, if you want everyone happy…

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

This is why a perfect 5* is practically unachievable. Regardless of item’s fitness, always there are fraction of buyers who expects out of context features. Angry buyers wont calculate things and just click the lowest possible star. That’s why most of the product based stores display the ratings breakdown so that a buyer can see more data than average. The average is unsafe due to angry buyers, while the breakdown display (as recently implemented) helps expose the the big picture.

495 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

Hey,

We’ve encountered this many times. Rating a theme 1 star because of incorrect assumptions they have made about your theme is plain stooopid. Presale questions are there for confirming one’s assumptions. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. :( Thankfully there are only a small % of buyers who behave like this.

DOK

52 posts Umbrella
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
UmbrellaStudios says

Well it makes me feel better, the fact that i’m not alone on that part :P

I strongly agree with you guys, and i hope that percentage pixelentity mentioned remains that slow.

One possible solution might be public ratings, and comments, that will calm authors down and inform users if the rating affects their opinion or not.

I would not refuse an offer because of some ratings that has nothing to do with my needs on that product.

by
by
by
by
by
by