Am I right that if I use fonts that are marked as public domain or GNU GPL on my template and include them with my download (via SiFR or similar) that is fine?
I would like some confirmation
I think that technically it should be ok (don’t quote me), but Envato strongly recommends NOT including the actual font files to avoid any possible chance of copyright infringement.
In my opinion, it’s better to just provide a link to where users can download the fonts themselves for two reasons:
1. Avoiding a possible legal mess
2. Your .zip will be smaller (not by much) file size
You can read a bit more about your question in the Upload Help Section .
Hope that helps!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.