123 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
redeffect says

Similar Item Suggestion feature

I wonder why we don’t have this feature, when almost all graphic marketplaces use this kind of tool, on their sites.

For example: when somebody chooses to buy an item you could give him a choice of similar items to see, based on tags, keywords, style, color, usage etc.

I believe that with this feature, the potential buyer will have more options in order to choose the best file for his needs, because right now most files are kind of lost “somewhere in Envato”. By using this feature these files will get the exposure they deserve.

What do you think about this?

231 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
imultime says

I couldn’t agree more. Also, search isn’t robust as one expects it to. You can’t get the results if you can only remember a part of a word. The search engine should offer items with similar name. Even if its just the slip of a letter, the search engine fails to spot it.

335 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+4 more
Folksnet says

I think tags do this job well, it’s up to us when we upload a file to tag the file with right words.

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
HarveyDesign says

Moved to Site Feedback :)

123 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
redeffect says

I think tags do this job well, it’s up to us when we upload a file to tag the file with right words.

This is not the same, don’t you think? I’m talking about similar item thumbnail menu tool.

by
by
by
by
by
by