22 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
gemedj89 says

I see too many image similiar , many autor flips the image and upload with two different title. Different picture , slightly zoomed, blur, and text add are allowed ?? Query example : http://photodune.net/photo_search?term=post

128 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
tdubic says

Unfortunately, I think that’s allowed. There are many such pictures at PhotoDune. When I look at two “Red Post Boxes” picture, I do not believe what I see.

A photo portrait goes like this: Subject capture pose, in the same position you get 100 stock images:
one for left eye blink, one for right eye blink, smile and blink left eye, smile and blink right eye, open mouth, raised left eyebrow, raised right eyebrow, look left, look right, look down, look up, left hand moved 5 cm to the left, right hand moved to the right 5 cm and so on….

:) http://photodune.net/photo_search?term=sexy+woman

Unfortunately, even those popular photographers work that way. The only way you can have a portfolio of 20000 photos

22 posts
+3 more
gemedj89 says
5561 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Yeah, nothing wrong with giving buyers a lot of selection. A different angle or depth of focus may be exactly what they’re looking for, even if its pretty similar to another photo.

54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
hothoundz says

If you think about it you’ll hopefully understand why. It’s all to do with page layout and what the buyer/editor needs to achieve and wants to say with the picture.

You have a magazine and need to fill a left hand image box with text on the right. The page is a left hand page. So the image will look better if the composition leads the viewer’s eye into the page rather than away from it. The reverse is true for a right hand image box. All this depends upon what the editor is trying to achieve with the page layout and what works with the existing elements and colouring on the page.

Same applies to a lot of things: web, print, billboards etc.

You can have too many “similars” as they’re called but there’s a fine line between just enough and too much.

You want to sell the images so you shoot giving the buyer enough choice – where appropriate – landscape or portrait, smile, frown etc etc

22 posts
+3 more
gemedj89 says
KingDog said
Yeah, nothing wrong with giving buyers a lot of selection. A different angle or depth of focus may be exactly what they’re looking for, even if its pretty similar to another photo.

ok for different angles, but in the examples we have duplicate photos, exactly the same. I don’t think that duplicate content is useful :)

128 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
tdubic says
I understand all that, but please see the three “gift” images, they are completely identical. Also see “Party Babe”, two completely identical images.

PhotoDune should take action to avoid the duplicate images. I see it as spam and definitely not user frendly

5561 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Well yeah, exactly the same is no good :P

by
by
by
by