59 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ProteusThemes says

Excellent!

Yes, I noticed that the network install is not supported. But I guess very few customers use that and the ones who do are tech-savvy enough that know how to upgrade via FTP or even fancier methods ;)

3099 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

However, the problem with theme bundled class approach is that it won’t work with a network install, to solve the above we created a plugin instead: https://github.com/bitfade/themeforest-themes-update

I’ve always wondered about a way around network installs and theme updates. Do you think a similar method will work for updating CodeCanyon plugins on a network install as well? Does this work on network and single install? So many questions! I’ll try to dig through the code tomorrow.

493 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

I’ve always wondered about a way around network installs and theme updates. Do you think a similar method will work for updating CodeCanyon plugins on a network install as well? Does this work on network and single install? So many questions! I’ll try to dig through the code tomorrow.
The plugin works on both single and networked installs, we use “pre_set_site_transient_update_themes” hook, i didn’t check but i suppose wp updates plugins in the same way so it should be possible to do adapt the code with minimal changes.
41 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
fitwp says

Just found this thread. Very nice! Thank pixelentity a lot!

Just 1 small question, do you update from Envato Updater Class regularly? I see the repo on Github is 1 year old, while Envato’s is 9 months old.

59 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ProteusThemes says

Mine will for sure stay up-to-date or you can fork and send a pull request if you notice that it is out of date: https://github.com/primozcigler/Envato-WordPress-Theme-Updater

493 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

Just found this thread. Very nice! Thank pixelentity a lot! Just 1 small question, do you update from Envato Updater Class regularly? I see the repo on Github is 1 year old, while Envato’s is 9 months old.
there was only a single change to the api class and it was 10 months ago: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library/commit/2f2f74087c96bf6d5a7ef8d9a6de3cde3b668693
by
by
by
by
by
by