4147 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Spam is starting to become the cancer of this forum, and it’s getting everywhere! I have a suggestion, simple, efficient, and I believe the best one out there that will not affect the way the marketplaces work! :)

If the username that registered, has 1 item purchased, or 1 item uploaded, then that user can post on the forums, else… mute / forums ONLY available for reading! Or as timmcmorris said, new users with no purchases or items uploaded should have a captcha system if they wish to post on the forums!

New users should be able to post ONLY on items, and if that’s spam, we have a dashboard, we can easily report it ourselves! :)

Simple and efficient, and in logical terms, perfect.

• Buyers can post, because they purchased an item, and 99% of accounts that are spamming are new members! So buyers will not be affected!
  • Authors can post, because they have an item uploaded! And to be honest, authors are smart enough not to get their accounts hacked and turned into spam bots!
  • People who haven’t purchased and ask for help will be removed completely!
  • The forums will no longer a haven for freelancers that just create an account and get customers with no implication in this community whatsoever!

What we won’t be seeing anymore! Threads advertising pills, shoes, shirts, whatever, posts in threads that are 1/2/3/4 years old, people posting our stuff that’s been stolen and asking for help!

What do you guys think? Envato Staff? Envato Devs? What do you guys think? Achievable?

483 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
GraficAndMedia says

Yeah, I could agree with that. It would help to organize this forum in a good way.

729 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Good idea I think :)

Or, if a user has not made a purchase or have an upload they can still post, but a captcha is required for them to post, where as for everyone else it’s just like it is now.

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

Good idea I think :) Or, if a user has not made a purchase or have an upload they can still post, but a captcha is required for them to post, where as for everyone else it’s just like it is now.

Even better! Even smarter! Good one!

3424 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Good idea I think :) Or, if a user has not made a purchase or have an upload they can still post, but a captcha is required for them to post, where as for everyone else it’s just like it is now.

I think Tim’s addendum makes it a great idea. We definitely don’t want to stop new customers from asking general questions, even before they purchase something (that would be terribly frustrating for users). But the CAPTCHA makes sure they’re not spambots.

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

I think Tim’s addendum makes it a great idea. We definitely don’t want to stop new customers from asking general questions, even before they purchase something (that would be terribly frustrating for users). But the CAPTCHA makes sure they’re not spambots.

I’ve added it to my original post, credits go to timmcmorris :P

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

This is become ridiculous, I don’t know about others markets but on AD it’s on a daily base almost, I even stop disable them cos` it’s pointless they are like a leech the keep coming back . Maybe new users need to have minimum of 1 buy to post, or envato worry too much about the 1,382,186 members numbers , CAPTCHA ? no problem as long i don’t need to do it when i post :P

Or just pay 10c` to Enabled for each spam he delete +user kill :P

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

This is become ridiculous, I don’t know about others markets but on AD it’s on a daily base almost, I even stop disable them cos` it’s pointless they are like a leech the keep coming back . Maybe new users need to have minimum of 1 buy to post, or envato worry too much about the 1,382,186 members numbers , CAPTCHA ? no problem as long i don’t need to do it when i post :P Or just pay 10c` to Enabled for each spam he delete +user kill :P

Only users without a purchase or a item uploaded will be affected by CAPTCHA . It’s something I personally noticed. These are the accounts that spam. Buyers, and Authors don’t do that ( or only less than 1% ) which, I believe is far easier to handle.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tsafi says

^Whatever you say as long i won’t see them. But to change something here on the envato market that is the challenge you are facing ,good luck man …..

934 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
graphicmind says

Yes, otherwise potential authors would not be able to post in item discussion.

by
by
by
by
by
by