96 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
despoth says

Hello. Some people told me that my works are too complex and hard to understand for potential buyers.

Does it need to simplify the level of details? My opinion still: NO! I like complex and detailed works. But maybe that people right?..

What do you think about it? I’d like to see your ideas and suggestions.

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

I don’t feel anything like complex or hard to understand in your works. Just keep the unique things up. It would get you success. Cheers :)

360 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
+1 more
tmthymllr says

It depends on how you organize your layers.

53 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
Godmachine says

Nice article man :)

53 posts
+2 more
Godmachine says

Hello. Some people told me that my works are too complex and hard to understand for potential buyers.

Does it need to simplify the level of details? My opinion still: NO! I like complex and detailed works. But maybe that people right?..

What do you think about it? I’d like to see your ideas and suggestions.

I get your idea despoth, but as designers, our job is to simplify design output; we do all the complex and hard thinkings on the back stage. It is good to know that you receive feedbacks about your work.

You have to keep your works (or Layering skill) clean and dead simple.

96 posts
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
despoth says

Thanks. I made all my layers named and organized into sets. So it’s easy to locate specific layer and make changes.

53 posts
+2 more
Godmachine says

Thanks. I made all my layers named and organized into sets. So it’s easy to locate specific layer and make changes.

No problem dude. Though I use Illustrator and Photoshop, I could say that Photoshop has equal treatments in layers, plus the ability to color code the layers. On the other hand, Illustrator’s layering is quite confusing at first because it has “Group” and “Layer,” where the Group layer holds the elements as one compact shape; therefore, it is inconvenient to the buyers when it comes to “editing” the AI file. For me, I use “Layer” or “Collect in a New Layer” command in the flyout menu in the Layer panel, which it gives you the ability to group elements without making the buyers think hard how to escape from the isolation mode that the “Group” does—just a quick tip, in case you need it.

BTW, you got great UI products out there despoth. Nice work man :)

111 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
wallfish says

Its completely subjective. Example if you are talking about a flyer on exhibition you may need the design to have a ton of text and content. If you are talking of party invitation you may need lesser text and content. It all depends on how you make design look appealing in minimum as well as more content. :nerdy:

17 posts
nedlannister says

I am agree with you. Work is completely depends on how you organize and how you represents your work to others. Do your work in your way whether it is hard or simple but represent it like the simplest and the best way to do work.
by
by
by
by
by
by