3249 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

so do the reviewers just make up rules when the they want without telling anyone? refering to this

All themes require integration with the Envato WordPress Toolkit Library. In order to ease the upgrade process for both authors and buyers. Please read up on the links below and modify your submission as necessary. http://notes.envato.com/general/envato-wordpress-toolkit/ https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library

what exactly needs to be integrated? the plugin should work with any authors themes, there shouldnt be any “integration” required, do we just need to include the plugin? I can integrate the class/updater but I cant test it, plus I dont want users entering api key into my themes

1. Upload the `envato-wordpress-toolkit` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory. 2. Activate the plugin through the `Plugins` menu in WordPress. 3. To establish an Envato Marketplace API connection navigate to the `Envato Toolkit` page and insert your Marketplace username and secret API key in the designated input fields. To obtain your API Key, visit your “My Settings” page on any of the Envato Marketplaces. 4. Once the API connection has been established you will see a list of themes that can be auto installed. If you don’t see any themes and are certain you’ve done everything correct, there is a good chance the theme author has not updated their theme to be available for auto install and update. If that’s the case, please contact the theme author and ask them to update their theme’s information.
2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

this is news to me also Chris – why do I have to place something of Envato’s in my theme.. if it’s a plugin then what needs integrating, and (if you do need to do something to integrate) more importantly why if it’s a plugin?? I’m confused.

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I’ve made a point of not using that because I want my users to know that clicking the “update” button in their admin will overwrite any custom changes they’ve made to CSS files. If it’s become required, that would annoy me.

3249 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

I’ve made a point of not using that because I want my users to know that clicking the “update” button in their admin will overwrite any custom changes they’ve made to CSS files. If it’s become required, that would annoy me.

I have no problem integrating it but

1. I dont want the api + username directly in my themes options Id rather it in a plugin(whether mine or Envatos)

2. I cant test if it works because I have no themes up, and because theres 0 test data for the API

I talked to multiple fulltime authors before submitting my theme, this wasn’t the only reason for rejection though the other were pretty small/easy fixes it kind of blind sided me as theres nothing that actually needs integrated to work, if all I need to do is include the plugin thats kind of dumb

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

I’ll look into this a bit further and get back to you guys ASAP. I suspect there’s been a misunderstanding.

89 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

I’m interested in this as well, especially since I included it in my last file and it’s caused a few issues with a few people being unable to install the theme and upgrade to the latest version of Wordpress.

I’d love to include it in the theme, but since it’s been causing a few issues, I’d rather not include it if I didn’t have to.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

I’m interested in this as well, especially since I included it in my last file and it’s caused a few issues with a few people being unable to install the theme and upgrade to the latest version of Wordpress. I’d love to include it in the theme, but since it’s been causing a few issues, I’d rather not include it if I didn’t have to.

If you’ve had issues with the toolkit, please log an issue: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit-library/issues?state=open

3249 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

I’m interested in this as well, especially since I included it in my last file and it’s caused a few issues with a few people being unable to install the theme and upgrade to the latest version of Wordpress. I’d love to include it in the theme, but since it’s been causing a few issues, I’d rather not include it if I didn’t have to.

thats one of the reasons this should be in a plugin,

also what about all the buyers who do client work with the themes, if they dont use a child theme well….. 2k worth of customization just broke(authors should suggesting child themes)

203 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

So, is it required or not?

1792 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Envato, instead of adding useless rules every single day WITHOUT ANYONE REQUESTING THEM, try to actually do something useful, in the past there were lots of suggestions, first thing being the comments section which is a pain in the *.. The search system sucks, copycats are added everyday without anyone actually checking it.

C’mon Envato, it’s not our job to be detectives and check all the themes everyday on each approval process.

Can’t you find something useful to do?

by
by
by
by
by
by