• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

the maximum backgrounds i include in a package is 5 and they sell good. Actually if i must be honest, my single file backgrounds sell better than my packaged backgrounds. If your files in the package are something the buyer like and need, they will buy it. Packing 100 files together doesnt meen you will now sell like crazy…numbers are never the conviencing point. Envato buyers doesnt care on the # of items in your package…they look for quality=$ comperation. Also never forget the fact that, 95% of backgrounds buyers are actually envato’s authors, they buy and use at their projects like: flash sites, wordpress themes, photoshop site templates ect…basically, they will judge your background really carifuly before they buy it and buy only this they need for their project. Ofcource there can be some exceptions like, some web developers buy in bulk and store in their libraries for later usage.

To sell big packages is an risk, since you can not showcase all 100 backgrounds, i mean just picture it for a moment, have to display all 100 background on the item page. Your product display image schould be something like 200K pixels bu hight and scrolling down the page to see them can take you ages :D. Buyers will buy only this what they can see and see clearly…more in detail.

1537 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dSKY says
Another way to look at it is on a per-site basis. You can use any or all of the backgrounds on mysite1.com but you can’t use any on mysite2.com. This is assuming mysite1.com is a single ‘application’.

Having something like mysite1.com/mygardeningblog and mysite1.com/mycarblog would require a separate license for each as each is clearly a separate site (application).

Someone correct me if this is wrong.
interesting….
We need official response on this.
81 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
DreamWarrior says

interesting….
We need official response on this.

Yeah, I think so.

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

if you have multiple items in 1 package (lets take the backgrounds example), you can use each background only once based on the “single use licence”...it doesnt matter if its for the same project or different one. Single use licence apply per “item”, not the “package”. Another example can be icons, lets say we have an icon set with 20 icons and i use only 8 of them for one project and have 12 remining, in that case i can use the remining 12 on some other project…this is how i see it, but i maybe wrong.

1125 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
hansv says
if you have multiple items in 1 package (lets take the backgrounds example), you can use each background only once based on the “single use licence”...it doesnt matter if its for the same project or different one. Single use licence apply per “item”, not the “package”. Another example can be icons, lets say we have an icon set with 20 icons and i use only 8 of them for one project and have 12 remining, in that case i can use the remining 12 on some other project…this is how i see it, but i maybe wrong.

I do not think this applies to the icons example the way you explained…. but I do not know…... we really need Envato to aswer this and clear things up….

by
by
by
by
by
by