• Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Hi everyone, I am the reviewer for this theme.

First of all, xmdsys had point out what I seen. There is also other reason which I’ve included in the feedback to joshharbaugh.

Talking about aesthetics, yeah, I agree that it is very subjective. But there is a bottom line… Especially when dealing with WordPress. There are tons of free WordPress themes out there.

I've seen such layout before, the theme name is statement. What the author included is the tabbing sidebar. Can you tell me which one is better? Please don't get me wrong, not saying that you copy... Just want you guys to see what is the quality of free themes out there...

Buyers would think “I can get it free, why I still have to pay for this?”

If you say the buyer can be a programmer, then he can get the free one and modify. If you say the buyer is a designer.. will he buy it when he think that he also can create such thing?

In order to increase the quality of ThemeForest, we have to fight with free themes ( Wordpress) out there.

Hope I explain this well (sorry for my bad English)... No offend…Just to share…

26 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
joshharbaugh says

Honestly, I’m not sure ThemeForest is competing with free themes. You can’t compete with free anything.

We’re competing with other sites that offer ‘premium’ themes, which basically just means anymore that, “You have to pay for it.”

I’ll try to incorporate your suggestions kailoon, eventhough some of them are very vague, “The body content. Not much complain but just .. too plain… I understand you want it be minimalist and simple, can you add/try something else? now it is too ‘grey’”

Would it be out of the question to ask what this theme might go for with these changes in place? So I know what I’m putting my time and effort into.

1417 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

joshharbaugh : it is same, even you are not competing with free theme market but premium theme market. Most of them offering membership. They can get more than 1 high quality themes and support by the community or a team. There is some different between TF and other provider.

Hard to tell you on that, you try your best first, then I will see :)

Sorry for my bad English.

35 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
zachlebar says

hopefully this thread isnt dead…

@joshharbaugh – you gotta realize, anyone who makes a theme for Wordpress is your compitition, even those on your site. Now, while your theme is good, I really think it is, just needs some “polish”(as kailoon said) some ummph to make it superb and worth someone’s hard earned money. while premium themes may have come to mean just ones you gotta pay for, I feel that the buyer should have premium experience and a premium design. They should feel it was worth it. I think that was the “polish” kai was trying to explain ;)

Now…about the polish you could include. While using lines rather than color to establish a visual hierarchy, you could also try using a monochromatic color scheme and give certain sections a darker shade of your base color. It would allow you to play up the strength of that minimalistic approach, and add some visual interest and sophistication to your theme…also know as polish! ;)

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
joshharbaugh says

Thanks for your comments. The theme has been approved as of today, and at $20, I feel that it’s well worth people’s hard earned money.

35 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
zachlebar says

congrats

by
by
by
by