38 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
lidplussdesign says

I’m planning to buy site template extended licence for coding it to wordpress version, i have spoken with a author about it, and he has given me his permission and promised me that he haven’t sold anyone extended licence yet, how can i make sure that he didn’t do that, can envanto support provide me such information for recheck.

Thanks for your time, hope to find an answer asap.

151 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
starshade says

As far as I know, the extended license is not related with the permission to code the template for wordpress and sell it on themeforest. You only need his permission to code his template.

38 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
lidplussdesign says

As far as I know, the extended license is not related with the permission to code the template for wordpress and sell it on themeforest. You only need his permission to code his template.

Seems you haven’t understood me exactly, I just have informed author, that i have potential interest, to buy extended licence of one his items and code it to WP version for TF market, an author was agreed because he is not going to code it himself, before purchase this item i just want make sure that we don’t have already wp version on TF, because if we have it, item will never be approved for sale, i just want to know is envato support able to provide me such information (author’s item ever had (extended licence) sale before)

3521 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Seems you haven’t understood me exactly, I just have informed author, that i have potential interest, to buy extended licence of one his items and code it to WP version for TF market, an author was agreed because he is not going to code it himself, before purchase this item i just want make sure that we don’t have already wp version on TF, because if we have it, item will never be approved for sale, i just want to know is envato support able to provide me such information (author’s item ever had (extended licence) sale before)
If he did sell any Extended License, the one who bought it still doesn’t have permissions to code it on ThemeForest. To code it for sale you need to have the author’s written permission and it has nothing to do with license. You can even offer to pay him a certain amount through PayPal, because all you need is his written agreement.

Now, you have a fear..:) You’re thinking that the author may rip you off, and the theme is already for sale or he is already working with someone else on coding it, or etc.. I guess you just have to trust the guy.

38 posts
+4 more
lidplussdesign says

If he did sell any Extended License, the one who bought it still doesn’t have permissions to code it on ThemeForest. To code it for sale you need to have the author’s written permission and it has nothing to do with license. You can even offer to pay him a certain amount through PayPal, because all you need is his written agreement. Now, you have a fear..:) You’re thinking that the author may rip you off, and the theme is already for sale or he is already working with someone else on coding it, or etc.. I guess you just have to trust the guy.

Ruben, Thanks for clarifying this situation, does evanto have any information about such process, how author’s written permission should look, what exact details should be registered in this permission.

Thank again for your time

1734 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

I guess you just have to trust the guy.

We usually call that trust “Written agreement”. :P But a genuine and well-deserved trust is always better, of course.

203 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
biyanpasau says

How about submit first then pay for extended license when get approved :D

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Support will not provide such information. Why don’t you just search the theme in the WP category? :P

[ http://cl.ly/GB9k ]

138 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WPHead says

How did you talk to this guy? Via email? If so then you don’t need a contract as you have proof if things go sour. If you talked to him in person or on the phone, I’d just get a simple written statement saying “I hereby give [Name] the right to code my site template into a WordPress theme for commercial purposes.” Something simple like that will do. I’d do that because oral agreements are legally binding but you’d have a hard time proving that the oral agreement took place.

by
by
by
by
by
by