3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Japan
osopolar says

Hi all,

First and foremost I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, section, category, wrongly worded, and/or if it stresses anyone out just reading through it.

In looking for a ‘portfolio’ themed template, to have as a starters website, I’ve found both incredible, visually pleasing templates for the PSD /HTML temps as well as the Joomla/WP temps, but I can’t figure out or decide which one to use (site temps vs jooma/wp), and why one would trump the other. A vs B – sort of deal. What the benefits are, is it secure, and so on.

My needs are ‘basic’ Home/About/Portfolio/Contact

I was originally inspired by those ‘one page folios’, (and was a fan of onepagefolios.com before they went down in December), cos the point of a folio site is the content right?, and in the back of my mind is what I instilled as a guide for what I wanted.

But now, I’m lost. So I’ve turned to the good community at TF for some guidance.

-Oso

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Mango_Juice says

Well, for you I’d probably rule out any Joomla templates, they are mainly for people/companies with a large amount of content that needs to be updated and kept in order regularly.

Most people looking to start on the web may prefer WordPress for its flexibility and ease of use, but a HTML template can do the job just as well, but without the back-end admin environment.

3 posts
  • Located in Japan
osopolar says

Mango, thank you for taking the time to answer back. I apologize for the delay on my end.. can’t always rely on a steady net connection. I’ll prolly start out with an HTML site, and work my way up from there.

Thanks once again.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

If it’s a build and leave on the net situation html is the easiest route – if you want to blog and update daily / weekly go for wordpress – hope this helps and happy shopping!

3 posts
  • Located in Japan
osopolar says

Jonathan thanks for your comment. Every bit of info/suggestion helps.. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by