7 posts
Oscottian says
When I put in an image onto a particular webpage it either comes out as a tiny item or as a very large or distorted picture [showing just the top left hand corner of the image or the image being ‘squeezed’ , for example. I noticed that most of the images in themeforest are sized in kilobytes and the ones I import are, say, 1.7 to 2.5 Mb. However, some of these have reproduced quite well. I did try inputting one of the template images to see how it turned out but this came out as a tiny icon. This image came out quite good:
  • \\
  • But it didn’t when posted on another page. It was HUGE. Any ideas, please? Are some pages not suitable for images, for example, the Ray of Light ‘full-width.html’ page?

Many thanks

3858 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
    • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
    • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
    • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
    +1 more
    charlie4282 says

Firstly 1.7 -2.5mb images are going to take forever to load – you should be optimising images for Web viewing wherever possible.

If you have specific theme or file issues you must sign in using the account which purchased the file so the author can verify it and then ask them.

7 posts
    Oscottian says

Thanks, Charlie. Loading time isn’t a problem for me. It’s not an issue with themes or file issues so I don’t think I need verification. I can add text and make other minor adjustments (I’m a techno baby! ). But adding images is causing me a problem. If you see the icon in my first post, I put the line of code I used in the html editor to show what I’d input. But it showed up in my post as a small icon which is what I see on the webpage.

By the way I have no idea how to optimise for Web viewing. :(

407 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
    • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
    • Located in Europe
    PaddyTaylor says

Are some pages not suitable for images, for example, the Ray of Light ‘full-width.html’ page?

The link image you posted does not work and the above question about some pages totally depends on the page in question and how it is constructed BUT from what you are describing it should not be any form of problem.

I believe the reason Charlie4282 mentioned verification is that you refer to a file from here but you have not purchased any files, so I imagine he/she assumed it was a specific question to the “Ray of Light” page.
    7 posts
    Oscottian says

Not sure if I’ve purchased any files. But I bought a template [ is that what it’s called?]] from themeforest.

407 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
    • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
    • Located in Europe
    PaddyTaylor says

Not with this account you have not. Each buyer received a “buyer badge” (A little colour person with a $ sign next to it – under their profile picture, like the blue one under ours). You do not have one of these which means no purchases.

7 posts
    Oscottian says

Thanks Paddy. I thought this was a participatory Forum only, rather than having a linked account. When I bought my theme I thought it was a straightforward purchase and don’t recall receiving anything like a “buyer badge”.

Anyway, I’ve come across an interesting anomaly. I’ve used a picture on a Ministry – Single Column View template which fits quite well. When I use the same image on a full-width page template the image (either before or after the text paragraph) shows only its left hand size and it’s 500mm tall?? I’ve looked at the size of the image and it’s 3264×2448 pixels so I’m going to have a go at resizing it to see what happens. Or I might have a go at just using the Ministry – Single Column View template and remove all the other ‘sections’. Mind you, the picture I want to insert comes out as a tiny icon even on that template. When I say tiny I mean much smaller than the icon in my earlier post.

Thanks again.

7 posts
    Oscottian says

Resizing has resulted in an acceptable image but I am still puzzled why a picture on one webpage looks OK but on another comes out magnified as a significantly much larger image even though the line of code is identical. :(

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by