Hi there Envato! This is officially my first forum post.
I’m having issues with very slow download times for files I’ve purchased. I purchased a graphic river kit yesterday (390mb) and it’s saying it’ll take 16 hours to download. Similar for other files.
I have a deadline with a project, and can’t keep my laptop connected in 1 place for that long.
Is it usually this slow? Also is there a workaround to get the files faster??
That’s weird, did you try to reset your modem?
I had similar issue with download speed but with file of 990MB, and about 2 hours with 10mbps/download/1mbps/upload speed. But best way is to contact Envato support, and tweet ticket #ID to https://twitter.com/envato_support
Mine seems to be really quick at the moment… Whereabouts are you living?
^ @Samberson : Mosaicrob posted his thread 3 days a go.
Hi All. Thx for following up. Obviously the download has finished by now…
I didn’t reset the modem unfortunately, b/c I didn’t want to have to re-start the download. I’m in New York btw.
I do know is that this happens sporadically for me with downloads. I buy/download files from envato about once a week (on average). And about once every 2 months, there is a day that is many times slower.
I bought a styles pack tonight by industry kidz and it was only 18 mb took about 10 mins to download, i got 120 mb aswell
I’m in Wales Uk, I’m only getting 4.7 KB/sec from your severs – 7.51 hours to download a 179mb files!!! – You must have problems.
Download speeds can be affected by several factors:
1) The location of Envato servers in regard to the distance from where you are attempting to access from. As this results in additional hops packets of data must hop before reaching it’s destination.
2) Internet Service Provider: Most isp’s recommended a power cycle of all modems at least once a week. If you have not done so, try it.
3) Router Configuration: You router may be causing delays in packet transfer depending on how you have the settings configured.
4) Computer Firewall: This can greatly diminish download speeds if it is not configured correctly.
5) Server Load: At the time you are requesting your download there may be an abnormal amount of requests causing you to receive slower than normal speeds, but it should not be any drastic change as servers perform load balancing.
We have had 3 of our associates test download speeds, here are our results: New York: Best – 2.5MB/s & Worst 2.1MB/s California: Best – 2.2MB/s & Worst 1.7MB/s South Carolina: Best – 2.5MB/s & Worst 2.5MB/s (Me)
So it is not envato, it may be any of the stated factors above. If you have any additional questions or need help please let me know, I’ll help in anyway I can.