• Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says
redfactory said
sevenspark said
I really appreciate all the hard work the devs are putting in, and the changes being rolled out in the marketplace!

Unfortunately I have to agree with the general sentiment here – sadly, I think the situation where a buyer feels they want to rate down a product because an author wouldn’t handle their multiple customization requests is going to happen more frequently than a buyer returning to amend their mistaken negative rating. I’m concerned this gives those buyers that like to hold an author hostage even more leverage.

Limiting the number of times a rating can be changed, or simply better informing buyers of what the star ratings indicate ( “I love it”, “I like it”, “It’s okay”, “I dislike it”, “It’s awful”, or whatever), as suggested above, would probably be a better solution, less prone to abuse.
I agree. Sadly some buyers have a nag for doing this. And it will happen a lot more now that the rating system has changed. A simply confirmation box “Are you sure you want to rate 2 stars” would be enough in my opinion.

Oh yeah, undo it! If a customer still rated wrong he (or the author) should simple contact support

1027 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says
damojo said
flashedge said
Another tool to blackmail authors. Thanks envato.
If you don’t do “xy” for free I will rate you down! :P

My thoughts exactly. I’m appreciative of the effort but I had only one problem with the old rating system, it didn’t confirm your selection to make sure it was not an accidental click. Now buyers have extra ammunition to threaten authors.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Im not really pleased with this change at all. No one here suggested this method. It would have been even easier to implement a popup saying they confirm their rating. Plus I think buyers will use this to blackmail authors :(

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says
bitfade said
support is optional but, still, envato is pushing changes that make us slaves of it.
more toll`s to give a buyer a gun to aim into your head if no support, yap back to 18 century …when slavery was so cheap and they will beat you as hell if you won’t do what they tell you.

Some forget we are in the 21 century

3674 posts Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Glad to see this one implemented :) I just hope it won’t lead to an awkward position regarding buyers demanding support..

203 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Israel
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
r0nka says

I think you need to add another feature like on Ebay that reminds you to rate the products (“You have 3 products to rate”).

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says
ThemeProvince said
No one here suggested this method.

I feel the same. Cudos to the staff for coming up with internet market’s most unsafe method of rating.

Not sure if this will solve the old problem of mistaken ratings. If there is no extra step of confirmation after rating, more chances for accidental clicks and updating unintentional item’s rating.

It is live already. Now I wish a button “de-purchase” to reverse transaction. This is for those who accidentally purchased files.

3072 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Yeah, a simple Javascript confirm could have done the job. .. and that js could have something like a custom confirmation message, depending what star was pressed:

“Dude, you chose to rate this product only ONE star! ...Are you sure the file is that bad? You better check it again; or maybe ask the author for a fix if you think is broken.
If you really think the file deserves ONE star… then ask Envato support to remove it – we don’t want to have files this broken on our website. ..or, wait a second! ...did you asked the author for support and they did not provide it? ...You better know that they only need to provide support only in case of bugs and, maybe, if the file lacks informations about how to be used. Wait, did you RTFM ?”

1100 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+7 more
ranfirefly says
Parallelus said
damojo said
flashedge said
Another tool to blackmail authors. Thanks envato.
If you don’t do “xy” for free I will rate you down! :P
My thoughts exactly. I’m appreciative of the effort but I had only one problem with the old rating system, it didn’t confirm your selection to make sure it was not an accidental click. Now buyers have extra ammunition to threaten authors.

+1

So true and so sad… and bad.
178 posts Challenge accepted.
  • Austria
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
bloooming says
ThemeProvince said
No one here suggested this method.
Actually that’s not true, there have been several threads about this matter: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/can-support-fix-a-mistake-with-theme-rating/35904 http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/rating-system/44343 http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/another-thread-about-the-file-rating-system/37723 ... and so on….

I guess authors were asking for a one time opportunity to correct a rating….

by
by
by
by
by
by