• Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says
redfactory said
sevenspark said
I really appreciate all the hard work the devs are putting in, and the changes being rolled out in the marketplace!

Unfortunately I have to agree with the general sentiment here – sadly, I think the situation where a buyer feels they want to rate down a product because an author wouldn’t handle their multiple customization requests is going to happen more frequently than a buyer returning to amend their mistaken negative rating. I’m concerned this gives those buyers that like to hold an author hostage even more leverage.

Limiting the number of times a rating can be changed, or simply better informing buyers of what the star ratings indicate ( “I love it”, “I like it”, “It’s okay”, “I dislike it”, “It’s awful”, or whatever), as suggested above, would probably be a better solution, less prone to abuse.
I agree. Sadly some buyers have a nag for doing this. And it will happen a lot more now that the rating system has changed. A simply confirmation box “Are you sure you want to rate 2 stars” would be enough in my opinion.

Oh yeah, undo it! If a customer still rated wrong he (or the author) should simple contact support

1055 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says
damojo said
flashedge said
Another tool to blackmail authors. Thanks envato.
If you don’t do “xy” for free I will rate you down! :P

My thoughts exactly. I’m appreciative of the effort but I had only one problem with the old rating system, it didn’t confirm your selection to make sure it was not an accidental click. Now buyers have extra ammunition to threaten authors.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Im not really pleased with this change at all. No one here suggested this method. It would have been even easier to implement a popup saying they confirm their rating. Plus I think buyers will use this to blackmail authors :(

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
bitfade said
support is optional but, still, envato is pushing changes that make us slaves of it.
more toll`s to give a buyer a gun to aim into your head if no support, yap back to 18 century …when slavery was so cheap and they will beat you as hell if you won’t do what they tell you.

Some forget we are in the 21 century

3742 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Glad to see this one implemented :) I just hope it won’t lead to an awkward position regarding buyers demanding support..

204 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
r0nka says

I think you need to add another feature like on Ebay that reminds you to rate the products (“You have 3 products to rate”).

6088 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says
ThemeProvince said
No one here suggested this method.

I feel the same. Cudos to the staff for coming up with internet market’s most unsafe method of rating.

Not sure if this will solve the old problem of mistaken ratings. If there is no extra step of confirmation after rating, more chances for accidental clicks and updating unintentional item’s rating.

It is live already. Now I wish a button “de-purchase” to reverse transaction. This is for those who accidentally purchased files.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Yeah, a simple Javascript confirm could have done the job. .. and that js could have something like a custom confirmation message, depending what star was pressed:

“Dude, you chose to rate this product only ONE star! ...Are you sure the file is that bad? You better check it again; or maybe ask the author for a fix if you think is broken.
If you really think the file deserves ONE star… then ask Envato support to remove it – we don’t want to have files this broken on our website. ..or, wait a second! ...did you asked the author for support and they did not provide it? ...You better know that they only need to provide support only in case of bugs and, maybe, if the file lacks informations about how to be used. Wait, did you RTFM ?”

1105 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
ranfirefly says
Parallelus said
damojo said
flashedge said
Another tool to blackmail authors. Thanks envato.
If you don’t do “xy” for free I will rate you down! :P
My thoughts exactly. I’m appreciative of the effort but I had only one problem with the old rating system, it didn’t confirm your selection to make sure it was not an accidental click. Now buyers have extra ammunition to threaten authors.

+1

So true and so sad… and bad.
178 posts Challenge accepted.
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
bloooming says
ThemeProvince said
No one here suggested this method.
Actually that’s not true, there have been several threads about this matter: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/can-support-fix-a-mistake-with-theme-rating/35904 http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/rating-system/44343 http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/another-thread-about-the-file-rating-system/37723 ... and so on….

I guess authors were asking for a one time opportunity to correct a rating….

by
by
by
by
by
by