• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Romania
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
icypixels says

Hello there fellow authors and dear community,

It is the first time for me posting a theme in the forums for help, but this time I’m really clueless. Would you mind helping me in improving this theme? It is soft-rejected for the second time. First time, uniqueness was cited, saying the theme’s design lacks details. The second time, this is the review message I got:

“Your item Ravage: Big & Bold WordPress Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design.

If you’re unsure how to proceed and need further feedback, you might consider asking for input from other community members and designers via our forums. http://themeforest.net/forums"

I don’t want to argue with the reviewer’s decision, because I think he has a point, there is something that escapes my eye. He mentions something about visual inconsistencies. Can you help me with that?

If it feels unfinished, then I definitely want to improve it.

theme here

269 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
icypixels says

Anyone please?

1675 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

I quite like it, home page looks almost perfect. Maybe some other pages are little bit poor on content. Like, on contact page you could add google maps for example.

Also, have you thinking of moving whole page to the left instead of centering it?

529 posts
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

Just my opinion, but the meta part isn’t as good as the rest of the design. I doesn’t seem to be as modern. Also the font seems too big on my 1280×1024 screen.

255 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PersianArt says

Usually there is no justification for denying unfortunately They review according to their own taste.

1863 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

a) switching the sidebar with content would give you more standard and familiar look, depends if you want it. I know what you have been trying to do there but it seems like it’s not working very well atm.

b) everything is big, but the spacing is still small

c) add more space between content and sidebar by shortening the content width

All in all I really like it, but it needs more whitespace to appreciate the serif typography and styling which is quite cool. Also some crazy colors could look good in there.

269 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
icypixels says

You guys are golden!

EDIT : Also, the reviewer mentioned something like Visual Inconsistencies. Would you mind seeing if there’s anything that escapes my eye ? I tend to spot this things right away, but it seems something slips me this time.

Thanks @Tean , @kriskorn and @freshface . Until now, I’ve got this noted down:

@Tean : That could be a good idea and it could make the theme have a more artistic feel. Good point all in all.

@kriskorn: The meta part is something that doesn’t bother me at the moment. I’ll “go with a fine toothed-comb over it” and see if it can be improved.

The theme is wrapped in a 1200px container. There’s been lots of 12px fonts on ThemeForest, but no 16px, 18px. A 18px is Lora is almost the equivalent of a 16px Georgia.

Thanks kriskorn for your input!

@Freshface: I think that switching places between sidebar and content is a good idea & giving the most important thing, the content more room to breath is as well a good idea.

Do you think the spacing should be done both on macro (blocks of content) and micro level (line-height, letter spacing), or only macro?

Regarding the colours, I believe the B&W photography does a good trick. Using colored pictures will make it lose it’s (the theme) feel, me thinks.

Thanks a lot guys! If there’s more you can add, do not hesitate :) , I love constructive criticism.

1863 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Macro, post a result later.

b&w fits almost anything, but yes you have a certain theme going on with that white/gold/b&w there so just stay with it if you like it :)

255 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PersianArt says

I want know who is leader of reviwers who knows that?

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

I quite like the design. One thing I would change is removing the top and bottom margin from the post meta section (comments, category, author, etc) at the bottom of the posts on the blog index. If you have the big border dividing each of the posts the post meta border is redundant and untidy.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dlqhec.jpg
by
by
by
by
by
by