340 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

yeah, interesting…. You’re right about that. I’ll have to work on doing the whole keywords thing and making everything linked together. I figured that would probably be a really big part of it but I wanted to get some ideas just to be sure. I guess now that I think about it, if I needed to pick up lots of fx and songs, it would be pretty nice to be able to access anything based on popular criteria!

And solidbeats, you’re right that it should be for the fun of making music. Part of the fun for me isn’t necessarily just having the money in my pocket though, it’s kind of getting used to how the ‘system’ (I guess you could say) works and watching the numbers go up. I think part of it is that I’m really obsessed with numbers. I could tell you the exact price I paid for almost every single piece of hardware and software I owned and where I bought it from. I have predicted exact prices on specific products at stores when my wife thought I was crazy for thinking we could get it cheaper… it’s sometimes a little scary the types of things I remember when it comes to numbers, so anytime there are logistics and statistics involved, I like to immediately memorize them and track them. I’m kind of a geek that way I suppose.

213 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
vaisnava says

I would have to say I agree about that whole “generic but not bland” view as well. I don’t have songs that have done nearly as well as some, but it seems like the less specific songs do best.

340 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

I think I’m beginning to see how this stuff works. Funny, because this should have been common-sense to me but I think I had my nose too close to the grind stone to even realize it!

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
brandtz says

Hi All,

I believe that all music created despite genre has a chance … of course some kind, will all ways sell more than others, just like in the music industry…

but ….

It really depends on how much effort envato puts into attract different kind of buyers … to the jungle here ….

All the best//

by
by
by
by
by
by