10 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
99fusion says

Today I was just browsing TF and noticed that within a span of 2-3 days there were so many themes and site templates which got approved.

I haven’t seen that big number of approvals before… Is it a TF backlog or the competition is increasing exponentially?

88 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
marcopolo488 says

Looks to me like it’s the competition. Everyone wants a slice of the Web 2.0 pie.

10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
99fusion says

Even i think so.

The count of WP themes from yesterday till now is 16. Earlier it used to be near about 4-5 in 2 days.

88 posts
  • Exclusive Author
marcopolo488 says

Trust me, pretty soon themes will be accepted based on specific looks alone. By that I mean you would be able to submit two identical themes that have the same functionality/code structure but as long as they look slightly different, they are both accepted. It’s almost happening now, and I know some authors “can” prove it is (and I’m not talking about DCMA notices warranting theme duplication here).

1365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Yes but the main question is why are these lookalikes being sold so much?

88 posts
  • Exclusive Author
marcopolo488 says

^ Good question :)

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
CodeSwift says

Sales are really low on all themes, so i’m not sure what do you mean by “so much”.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
343 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
SnoopyIndustries says

Sales are really low on all themes, so i’m not sure what do you mean by “so much”.

Yes, these are all very big problems. And except for solving the first, I really think there should be some kind of a cap on the theme accepts/day. Accepting 16in 2 days is really not okay and something should be done about this. I think nobody would mind having to wait 20 days for his theme to be accepted and know that only 6 for instance get accepted/day, so he’d have to wait his turn and things would be better.

But still, the one who gets his theme accepted first in the day (the 16th in this case) and the one who gets it accepted last (the first in the list) will certainly have completely different sale evolutions in case the first theme isn’t an absolute piece of Sh… and the 16th is revolutionary. Just saying…it’s starting not to be fair these days.

You work 1-2-3-4-5 weeks to develop an item and you’re lucky enough to have it reviewed when another 10 are released. yey…you’ll ALMOST get 20-30 sales!!!

Cheers

322 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
designova says

Yes, these are all very big problems. And except for solving the first, I really think there should be some kind of a cap on the theme accepts/day. Accepting 16in 2 days is really not okay and something should be done about this. I think nobody would mind having to wait 20 days for his theme to be accepted and know that only 6 for instance get accepted/day, so he’d have to wait his turn and things would be better.

But still, the one who gets his theme accepted first in the day (the 16th in this case) and the one who gets it accepted last (the first in the list) will certainly have completely different sale evolutions in case the first theme isn’t an absolute piece of Sh… and the 16th is revolutionary. Just saying…it’s starting not to be fair these days.

You work 1-2-3-4-5 weeks to develop an item and you’re lucky enough to have it reviewed when another 10 are released. yey…you’ll ALMOST get 20-30 sales!!!

Cheers

Good themes stand out with more sales and rating. We guess, even if a lot of themes are being accepted, possible buyers will be checking themes which have only 5 star ratings :) This is a nice competition. Quality -> Sales -> Rating -> Sales. It’s stable.

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
CodeSwift says

am_themes

Well the “wait for your turn” would work if the number of new themes isn’t like this all the time. Very soon you would have to wait a year to get published.

One of these 2 outcomes will happen.

1) TF will raise the bar

Reject if it looks (design) and works (features) like a standard type of theme at the time.

2) TF does nothing

They do nothing to lower the number of themes published, after a while there will be so much themes every day that authors will leave. It will start with the Elite authors since they’re more used to a bigger income from TF and then others will leave.

But, not everyone will leave, the ones that make low quality items will stay and because they’ll be the only ones the bar will need to be lowered so they can be accepted. Because of the low quality the prices will drop to $5 – $10 so they can sell and after a while TF will be gone.

by
by
by
by
by
by