2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

am_themes

Well the “wait for your turn” would work if the number of new themes isn’t like this all the time. Very soon you would have to wait a year to get published.

One of these 2 outcomes will happen.

1) TF will raise the bar

Reject if it looks (design) and works (features) like a standard type of theme at the time.

2) TF does nothing

They do nothing to lower the number of themes published, after a while there will be so much themes every day that authors will leave. It will start with the Elite authors since they’re more used to a bigger income from TF and then others will leave.

But, not everyone will leave, the ones that make low quality items will stay and because they’ll be the only ones the bar will need to be lowered so they can be accepted. Because of the low quality the prices will drop to $5 – $10 so they can sell and after a while TF will be gone.

^ What he said ^

1527 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Again going into the same chewed up story… the only thing would be to go totally filter on the site… that means a really advanced filter, since the main problem visitors have is that you have to search forever to get to the theme you need. There should be a way so you can set all the search querrys you need (sidebars, colors, sliders, portfolio, etc.). So when you get frustrated searching forever you just go top sales or top weekly sales and search trough first couple of sites and thats it… hens all of those same templates go over and over again with now and then a lucky one that goes trough.

Yet again i am wining :( like yelling on the moon… worthless :P

39 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
tvdathemes says

Yes. It is high time to filter by templates.

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
AnghelGabriel says

Yes way to many themes now. It was a time when you did’t go 2 pages and found a nice theme to buy. Now it’s a mess. A lot of themes with the same overall aspect with same functionalities , bad design and so on. I don’t know how it’s possible to allow so many theme here that don;t have nothing new. TF was a great marketplace, soon it will become like tempatemonster.

203 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

Maybe there is not such a need for themes anymore (I believe that within last 1-2 years there was a big gap left by flash templates, meaning everybody who had flash websites had to change it). There are more and more authors, I see every day new authors who post under Item discussion (reject reasons), most of them don’t even have an avatar set up. I don’t know, maybe it’s jus me – what kind of author wants to go sell items before even set up an avatar/identity – ‘something’?

jayc

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
AnghelGabriel says

I got my hand’s on an ipad 3 last night, and had the change to browse couple of theme’s aprooved recently, you will be amazed of how many problem i encoutered in these themes. It seems that everybody just make’s them responsive, nobody actualy improves the performance on mobile devices.

by
by
by
by
by
by