130 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lukk says

Just as I was about to upload two new themes this week…I get the blue screen of death followed by a lot of beeping from my tower. I restart, same beeping. Leave it off for a couple hours come back same beeping.

I tired reformatting but it just goes to the blue screen… Has this ever happened to anyone? You motivate yourself for so long to get some work done everything is going great until BAM the worst thing that could possibly happen, does. Now I have a dead tower and a working monitor + keyboard. All my themes and hard work as I am a stupid perfectionist evaporated.

FML …wanted to hear some computer horror stories if you guys have any to get me a little motivated to get a real job or find a way to work around this. Oh and PS right now im at the library (well outside it on my dad’s laptop using their wifi…) posting this _

If anyone feels like helping out a fellow ThemeForest(ee) I’ve set up a ChipIn account where you can donate whatever you want in order to help me get either a cheap tower or if by some miracle it does happen, a mac… :(

Link’s here,

http://lukk.chipin.com/new-tower-

literally no pressure, I just want to hear some computer mishaps so I know it’s not just me e-god hates :(

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Dude im sorry to hear that but .. do you really think you will receive enough donation to buy a new PC ??

Don’t you do any backup of your stuff ?? You could have at least start selling your 2 new theme and take that money to buy a computer !

Hope you will find a solutions !

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

And BTW , did you format correctly ? .. or maybe its just the power supply or something .. you shouls bring it to someone who know what he does .. maybe it will cost you like 50$ man

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

You are at the library at 1AM ?! wtf dude ?! Wich library are you at ? Montreal ?

130 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
lukk says

unfortunetly i’m one of those people who thinks buying backups is for suckers…as ive never needed one before. i literally got a slap in the face from Sandisk :)

Meh it was more of a just to see if it’ll happen kind of thing, maybe i’ll raise enough cash for a new hardrive or something, not expecting money out of this haha

but yeah the only thing i have left is a JPG of the theme I was working on which i uploaded on imageshack, really really sucks but what are you gonna do…thats life..

edit: outside uqam :(

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Good luck mate !

130 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
lukk says

Thanks haha I’ve included the theme i was working on too, might as well get some suggestions during my “down-time” :)

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4359/newthemeforestcopy.jpg

watcha think?

ps. ignore the ultimo projecto thing i just really liked the effect the designer used on it, wanted to make something similar…

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Shoulda bought an iPhone… ;-)

Just kidding. Everyone calls it the Jesus phone so I thought it might be able to raise your computer from the dead.

On a more serious note, you might consider counting the beeping your computer is making and look it up to see what the error code means. It might be something really basic that is cheap to fix or doesn’t even need to be replaced, just plugged back in all the way.

As for horror stories, I don’t have any. The closest I can come to one is loosing a paper I wrote in high school because I didn’t save it and my friend bumped the surge protector on/off button on the floor and poof…. work-be-gone.

I’ve had all sorts of stuff happen with computers, like capacitors dying (or popping), power supplies crapping out or zapping themselves, over-clocking the CPU too much without adequate cooling and frying it, etc., etc. but I was almost always able to fix that stuff with spare parts laying around. Most of the problems I had were because I was messing with stuff I technically shouldn’t have been like resistors on my graphics card so I could get more power to the GPU to overclock it higher, lol.

415 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
osigrandi says

On a more serious note, you might consider counting the beeping your computer is making and look it up to see what the error code means. It might be something really basic that is cheap to fix or doesn’t even need to be replaced, just plugged back in all the way.

I’m backing up Jarel on this. Definitely worth looking into it before buying a new computer.

I’ve had something similar happen to me before and it was because I didn’t install the video card properly..it was too loose and didn’t make proper contact with the MB.

by
by
by
by
by
by