9 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
frankwolffnl says

I uploaded a few files that had social media icons in them. One got soft rejected and the others got rejected because of intellectual rights. But when i browse Photodune i see alot of other photo’s that have these icons in them. Why do mine get rejected?

476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

They basically changed the rules this year, so any copyrighted material such as social media icons, now, they cannot be submitted unless they are your own creations/look alike and not perfectly matching clones of an specific trademark.

You can read more about this here: http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/using-products-and-trademarks-in-your-items/116328?page=1

9 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
frankwolffnl says

What do i have to change to resubmit the one that got soft rejected? Maybe remove the trademark names from the description and tags? Or does the image itself has to be changed?

476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

The image itself

9 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
frankwolffnl says

Thanks for the reply. So if i understand correctly, 20% of the icons have to be ones that i created myself and the other 80% can be actual social media icons?

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
JTLegg says

No. The way copyright law works is that the product has to be 20% different from copyrighted material. So in other words if you were to use social media icons, each icon would have to be 20% different from the original copyrighted logo. 20% is a relative term, good rule of thumb is they have to be different enough where people can tell its not the copyrighted logo. Make sense?

5776 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

The 20% of the icons must be your own work only applies to GraphicRiver logo packs. Your photos cannot contain any visible logos or clearly identifiable manufacturer. Please see this flow chart – http://s3.envato.com/resources/legal/product-trademark-help-guideline.pdf

by
by
by
by
by
by