55 posts Premium Web Developer
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
themepixels says

I noticed that there is no social networking template, do you think creating a theme like this isn’t a waste of time?

103 posts
  • Egypt
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sheko_elanteko says

Well, it’s a fresh idea, but the question is, who’s gonna buy it to use it as a ‘social network’ site?

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Luxembourg
Iceable says

Well, it’s a fresh idea, but the question is, who’s gonna buy it to use it as a ‘social network’ site?

Communities, associations, universities, big companies (some of them have their own “private social network” on their intranet) etc. Virtually anyone who can make use of a forum could switch to a social network. And how about dating sites ? (really huge market)

I’m sure there’s definitely a rather untapped potential. :)

103 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
sheko_elanteko says

Communities, associations, universities, big companies (some of them have their own “private social network” on their intranet) etc. Virtually anyone who can make use of a forum could switch to a social network. And how about dating sites ? (really huge market)

I’m sure there’s definitely a rather untapped potential. :)

Still, these are a small number of potential clients in my opinion, because creating a simple and free facebook page is now the easiest solution for any of these clients.
But I’ve been wrong before :)

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Luxembourg
Iceable says

You’re right, this is a very specific “niche” market (compared to regular templates), but given the barely-existent competition, I’d say it might be worth a try :)

103 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
sheko_elanteko says

You’re right, this is a very specific “niche” market (compared to regular templates), but given the barely-existent competition, I’d say it might be worth a try :)

Personally I like the idea, and it will definitely be a unique and fresh concept for a theme point of view.

1355 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

+1

1 post
xavi13 says

Its crazy i have been trying to find any one that makes a social network theme but no luck

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
ldowdell says

Same here. I’ve been forced to take other templates and try to convert them, but it would be nice to have one. Sure there are the ones for existing CMS’s like Wordpress and Joomla, but what about us hard-core developers that have developed our own scripts and just want to make it all look pretty.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Guatemala
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
jareb18 says

Do not think it’s a waste of time. With creativity and imagination you can create a good social network. Not everything is facebook and twitter. The important thing is for people to show the world what it does. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by