396 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
aRtlessX says

In all honesty, this situation is getting nerve racking. I submitted a file two days ago, the next day it gets held. I asked for a hint, what might be wrong and a reviewer was kind enough to assure me it wasn’t anything major but ofcourse he couldn’t tell me what it was. Understandable, completely respect that, I was more than happy to know that at least it wasn’t anything major. So about an hour ago (or so) I get an approval email and everything is great with the world, I run and tweet my new item. I check in an hour later and I see the item page is hidden, ‘Soft disabled’.

So I read the message on the items page, it says that I should re-submit the item for review through the edit tab. If your item was rejected, please ensure you have addressed all issues outlined by the reviewer.??

What issues, it was held, then it was approved and suddenly got on soft disable again. I should just re-submit it and get it on point zero again in the queue while I don’t know what is happening since the beginning and what the issue is?

Please, enlighten me. Thank you.

1619 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

Just checked your notes, it’s nothing major. Read the Soft Disabled notice you should have gotten in your mail, it says what you need to change ;)

“Hidden” tab is located if one click “My Account” you should see it in one’s own small standard menu.

Do Not upload the item again and start from sqaure, this is just a small issue that needs to be corrected. Shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes to fix :)

482 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
IncredibleWand says

It’s like Patrik said. When your item was “Soft Disabled” or “Soft Rejected” you should’ve received an email in which, the reviewer that checked your file, explains what you should change in your file.
Most of the times it’s not something major, just somethng added to the help file or some psd organisation problems.

Hope your file gets accepted cause i want to see what it is :D.

BTW . Great support Patrik.

396 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says

Thanks guys, you’re both great (but yeah, Patrik is double and triple great :bigwink: haha—-btw, gongrats about the new tuts mod thingy but I hope it doesn’t take you completely away from GR! ) and I already had found the hidden tab and all, that’s how I discovered the item was on soft disable,

BUT the thing is that I haven’t gotten any such email. Not last night when I created this thread and there is still nothing now. I checked and double checked and triple checked, I only got a regular approval email with the regular approval text and link to the item, reviewer’s name etc. Nothing in my spam folder either, also checked my trash folder in case I accidenlty deleted anything, but nope, nada. I would feel so foolish for nagging you if I just missed that email, but nope, I just didn’t receive any.

So should I mail the reviewer/support now?

1619 posts
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

Thanks! It won’t take me away from GR at all, I’m still a reviewer here after all ;)

I’ve sent you a mail on what you needed to fix, it should have arrived already. If not, it should arrive shortly :)

Good luck!!

396 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says

I got 2 emails now :chuckle: heh, someone else has been also silently watching over us hehe. Thanks so much guys, may the force be with you! :nerdy:

Off to update the files, woot!

396 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says

Done :)

396 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says
Hope your file gets accepted cause i want to see what it is :D.
Oops, forgot about this. Thanks P, it’s a music event flyer and it’s just a matter of time to be added in my portfolio (still in the queue) b/c as Patrik said it was indeed just a small thing that got it on hold, just a matter of replacing something.

Btw, love your avatar b/c it reminds me of my beloved Portishead, heh.

396 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says

8th day in the soft disabled queue. C’mon guys :(

1619 posts
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

No need to worry, I’m getting ready to clear the que’s a bit. Including the soft disabled.

by
by
by
by
by
by