17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
by_heath says

I’m so frustrated. Soft rejected again for files that no longer exist – hasn’t existed for weeks. 5th time this has happened. I change the main file and theme file names each time and files have been uploaded via ftp. Then it takes another 2-3 days for it to be reviewed again and I just have to cross my fingers that they review the right files.

I tried support but all they responded with was explanation of the difference between soft rejections and hard rejections and closed the ticket.

I’ve noticed when it happens, my daily upload, lists 2 instances of the submission.

I find this whole process so unprofessional. I don’t know where to go from here. I imagine the only thing to do now is delete the submission all together and resubmit, maybe even create a new account as well?

480 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

Don’t change name of files. If you upload via ftp it will ask you to overwrite existing (old) files. When you overwrite it in your Themeforest dashboard you should see your new uploaded file and it will have notice “1min old uploaded via ftp” so you will know that it is newest file.

17 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
by_heath says

Yes, that is what I was doing to begin with when the problem first started. There must have been a problem with the files overwriting So to avoid the problem and have some way of indicating what the updated files are I started giving them version numbers.

480 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

Try to add message to reviewer when you upload file and explain the problem in few words and tell what is exact name of new uploaded and updated file that you are sending.

VerticalHorizons
VerticalHorizons Recent Posts Threads Started
26 posts
  • Located in Sweden
VerticalHorizons says

at least you can upload…. i cant even get past upload with nothing but zip errors and jpeg errors..etc.. cant get any help for it either, despite me using winrar (zip not rar) to upload….

good luck and I hope you get your theme approved…. =)

828 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

at least you can upload…. i cant even get past upload with nothing but zip errors and jpeg errors..etc.. cant get any help for it either, despite me using winrar (zip not rar) to upload…. good luck and I hope you get your theme approved…. =)

You can’t use WinRar to zip the files, This is a message from Envato on their Upload page.

The following archive utilities have been found to generate non-standard zip files that our server is often unable to decompress:
  • 7zip
  • lzarc
  • WinZip (Latest version)
Please use another archive utility to reduce the chance of problems with your uploads.
65 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
WebDesignPlanet says

If it helps anyone.. i used to get all sorts of errors while uploading files when i had two or more browser windows open on the same upload file page. Make sure you only have one active instance at a time.

VerticalHorizons
VerticalHorizons Recent Posts Threads Started
26 posts
  • Located in Sweden
VerticalHorizons says

thanks for the replies, im only using IE so if you cant use winrar, what program is everyone using to zip their files?

17 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
by_heath says

Try to add message to reviewer when you upload file and explain the problem in few words and tell what is exact name of new uploaded and updated file that you are sending.

Yes, each time I submitted I left comments/communication, explaining the situation and the new file names. I even tried emailing the reviewer out of desperation – no response.

138 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
BonfireThemes says

You can’t use WinRar to zip the files, This is a message from Envato on their Upload page.
The following archive utilities have been found to generate non-standard zip files that our server is often unable to decompress:
  • 7zip
  • lzarc
  • WinZip (Latest version)
Please use another archive utility to reduce the chance of problems with your uploads.

WinZip and WinRar are 2 different things. I always use WinRar to zip my files and have experienced zero issues.

by
by
by
by
by
by