88 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Gorynich says
Hi guys. I need help! Here is my track: https://soundcloud.com/gorynich-1/energy-life

And this is comment by reviewer:

Hi, the brass doesn't sound very convincing here, can you use better samples, or another instrument?

So far the comments reviewers were right and usefull. But now it seems to be too much! How often do you get such carping? What instrument could i use instead ?

512 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

Hi guys. I need help! Here is my track: https://soundcloud.com/gorynich-1/energy-life

And this is comment by reviewer:

Hi, the brass doesn't sound very convincing here, can you use better samples, or another instrument?
So far the comments reviewers were right and usefull. But now it seems to be too much! How often do you get such carping? What instrument could i use instead ?

I would almost pay money to get a comment like that, reviewers always just give me some generic response when something gets rejected in any way. The doesn’t actually sound too bad in my opinion, but there’s something less realistic about it when you staccato the rapid succession of notes, maybe the timing is just too perfect, you could add a little more reverb, a very subtle flanger…

307 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Blue_Atom_Audio says

I think they are right, it does sound quite synthetic and you really notice it when it first comes in. You may be able to sort it out with some eq and automation, smooth it out a little, try and get it to sit better with the rest of the instruments. Good track other than that :)

50 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+1 more
Karisigurd4 says

Yeah the brass sounds like a crappy synth. At least do some automation on the expression and dynamics to get it sounding more human.

disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio
disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
824 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in United States
disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio says

I agree with the above comments. It’s not that it’s a bad sounding trumpet, it just doesn’t work with the more acoustic and realistic sounding instruments such as the drums, guitars, and piano. It may work with a synth track. What about turning that part into a lead guitar part? :)

A side not, those are some pretty sweet drum fills :)

88 posts
Gorynich says

OK. Thanks to all. I’ll try to improve my track. Although I do not position it as an acoustic. Lead guitar perhaps nice idea!

I’m just afraid to see soon reject’s reason: you used the Bosendorfer samples, but in our view Steinway sounds more realistic :)

Polusono: they already takes 50% commission rate. You must demand of satisfaction! ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by