236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
GradaStudio says

hi guys i am happy this time my template is soft rejected and the reviewer has given four reasons.

one of them was you should include license or express permission for images used.

so now i contacted an author on deviantart(via email) . he agreed that i can use his work as long as i provide credits to him.

so the question is do i need to include anything in the template package in written or something else or just tell the reviewer about that

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

I’m not sure the specifics of actually getting it approved on TF, but I think it’s always a nice gesture to include a link to the artist in some sort of “Sources and Credits” section on both your documentation and item details page. A large number on authors on TF do this.

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
GradaStudio says

this is the exact response i received

The images inside your main files cannot be used without appropriate licensing or express permission.

1799 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BroOf says

this is the exact response i received The images inside your main files cannot be used without appropriate licensing or express permission.

How about uploading just placeholder pictures? I mean you can use those deviantart pictures in your live preview and blank images in the final file the user downloads.

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
GradaStudio says

thanks for quick response..

i will try doing this way

thanks…. :)

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
wptitans says

this is the exact response i received The images inside your main files cannot be used without appropriate licensing or express permission.

Just take a screenshot of the note on DA with the permission in. Then ad this screenshot in the reviewers section so they can see permission that has been given and give credits in the item description.

This should be it.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

How about uploading just placeholder pictures? I mean you can use those deviantart pictures in your live preview and blank images in the final file the user downloads.

Off: Place holders ( aka ugly monocrome images with width x height in px on them ) will never work…. sorry mate, but all top selling themes have some nice pictures.

You should allways include an url for the author of the images and describe the lincense in clear: “The images used in the template preview are not included in the final purchased template and are are just used as placeholders” – in short. :)

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
GradaStudio says

thanks everyone …....... :)

will be back with good news soon.

440 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Australia
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
pixelnourish says

Off: Place holders ( aka ugly monocrome images with width x height in px on them ) will never work…. sorry mate, but all top selling themes have some nice pictures.

You should allways include an url for the author of the images and describe the lincense in clear: “The images used in the template preview are not included in the final purchased template and are are just used as placeholders” – in short. :)

Duo – I think what BroOf means in the live preview, there will be the DA images, but in the purchased download, there will only be placeholder images. It doesn’t really matter what the images look like after purchase, because the general idea is for the buyer to use their own.

This is what I assumed most people did in the first place… no?

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Duo – I think what BroOf means in the live preview, there will be the DA images, but in the purchased download, there will only be placeholder images. It doesn’t really matter what the images look like after purchase, because the general idea is for the buyer to use their own. This is what I assumed most people did in the first place… no?

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by