27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EmpiricalThemes says

The reviewer (for the fourth time) soft rejected me for design again… Please give me some advice because the reviewer is giving me nothing. Here is the theme:

http://www.empiricalthemes.com/Enzyme/

Thanks.

60 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
PressLayer says

It look good, I think you should try bigger layout size, ex: 1200px :)

43 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Rachata says

Look good. Reject about ?

27 posts
+1 more
EmpiricalThemes says

That is the problem, I don’t know why it is soft rejected. Early on, he said this:

I am sorry, I just can’t see any improvements, you are still making changes but not improvements. You did changed the graphics but it poses the same issues like I mentioned before… I am not saying you copy other design, I am saying we already have tons of similar template with such layout. To make it stand out from others, you need to provide in better design quality or make it unique in terms of layout/concept.

Then, I spent 4 days modifying the theme, and this is what he said:

This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship. If this item was previously soft-rejected, please resubmit your updated files by updating the item directly. If this item was previously hard-rejected, it must be changed as required in the initial review or significantly improved such that it qualifies as a new item.
He literally copied and pasted that from here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/399/57/common-rejection-reasons-for-all-marketplaces

I just don’t understand at this point. I contacted him and hopefully he straightens things out. But in the mean time, I would appreciate your feedback :)

1735 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

It looks too much with other items, I think the image shadows are way too much the same with another one. I am not sure if that’s the exact reason, I am saying that some features must be unique and not similar with other items.

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

I can see the changes you made :-) I still like it, and now even more after the changes.

Perhaps the marketplace is saturated with items like that, I don’t know. The one more change I would make would be to the typography and give it a bit more space. I’m looking at it with a small resolution and it’s rather tight. Also, the navigation bar loads a bit slowly for me. However, I honestly don’t personally understand the comments from the reviewer. Perhaps there was some kind of shadow trend that produced a massive amount of themes like that. I’ve missed that and those themes.

I just wanted to offer my support, as I think you’ve made a very pretty theme!

654 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

@dnp_theme image shadows look exactly like the Karma Theme – it instantly popped in my mind.

27 posts
+1 more
EmpiricalThemes says

Okay, extra thanks to everyone for taking the time to assist me. I really appreciate it! I will definitely add your changes to the theme.

If you guys have any more advice, I would deeply appreciate hearing them :)

You guys don’t think I should request a different reviewer, do you?

59 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Little-Neko says

hello,

I too would remove the shadow on header as it doesnt add anything to the design.

The top of the content looks like a mistake : it s straight or it s curved, not straight with a subtle blurred curve.

Add little more white space here and there.

Maybe change the rollover on circles, and maybe just put 3 or 4 of them and add more space around. Try to put “recent project under the blocquote, then the circle? try also “testimonial” on left side.

Watch your lines, sometimes its straight, sometimes dotted, sometimes with oblique lines, sometimes strange shadow with 3d effect (blocquote)... better stick to 1 or 2 styles for consistency.

Of course, it s just suggestions, i m not a reviewer :)

Good luck :)

27 posts
+1 more
EmpiricalThemes says

Okay, great, thanks for the help guys . If anyone else spots anything, please let me know :)

by
by
by
by
by
by