53 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Ebrahim6 says

Hi,

about a week ago I upload an item, that was reviewed yesterday and I updated the soft rejected item accordingly. But Its taking too much time than it usually takes.

The ‘Currently Processing Uploads’ area in the ‘author_dashboard’ panel shows that my item is very close to the reviewer but again after some hours i see my item is at first in the queue .

I can’t figure out why its taking time. Can’t wait actually.

1345 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

1. You can’t trust the progress bar at the moment, as many threads have covered in these forums, the progress bar is officially broken at the moment.

2. Reviews are taking longer at the moment due to the reviewers not being robots, and actually taking the time off they deserve. One of the reviewers (Kailoon) recently got married and is enjoying a well deserved break, the other reviewers are doing everything they can in the mean time. Also worth noting the Envato are currently looking for new reviewers so in the future we should see less disruption from reviewer holidays.

Can’t wait actually.

3. You have no choice, just like everyone else, it’s a queue system and we all have to wait, so just be patient.

DistinctiveThemes
DistinctiveThemes Recent Posts Threads Started
158 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
DistinctiveThemes says

Chill my friend. Your item will only be on front page for little more than 24 hours unless your lucky to land on the weekend so bide your time – its all worth it in the end

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

There’s a thing I don’t understand.

X submits a theme. X gets soft-rejected for some small issues. He fixes them as soon as he sees them and resubmits the item. Shouldn’t he be the first on the priority list? I mean, he already waited to be reviewed, why should he wait 2x the time for the same item? :(

186 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemeBuddies says

you guys need to change the way you think. You should want it to take weeks to get your item approved. Maybe even a month. the more time it takes them to approve a theme, the longer your theme is visible on the front page of Themeforest. Here is what you need to do..

1. make your theme 2. submit your theme 3. forget about the theme 4. start a new theme

Before you know it. you will be approved and making lots of money.

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

That’s NOT how a business is run, you can’t work for something and start receiving income in 2 months. There are trends, something that would sell today may not sell in 1 month and so on. ;)

There’s nothing wrong with the way they’re accepting right now, however, 2 reviewers are too few for a marketplace at this level.

82 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
loveishkalsi says

I think reviewers should give priority to soft rejected items.

3445 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

You should want it to take weeks to get your item approved. Maybe even a month. the more time it takes them to approve a theme, the longer your theme is visible on the front page of Themeforest.

It’s the release frequency and not the review duration that affects home page exposure. If all items took a month to review, they’d all still be on the home page for the same amount of time.

Shouldn’t he be the first on the priority list? I mean, he already waited to be reviewed, why should he wait 2x the time for the same item?

Maybe he is? I don’t know how it works, but I suppose there might be two queues, one for new submissions and one for soft rejects. Either way, until the reviewer does his next shift, they won’t be checked. I have a feeling it’s more of a wait-till-the-reviewer-checks-in issue than a sent-to-the-back-of-the-queue issue. But that’s just a guess, I don’t actually have any insight into the process :)

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Not really, I don’t know how it works. I had one item soft-rejected, I re-submitted it because I didn’t find that issue. It got soft-rejected again within a few minutes(this time it either was at the top queue or the reviewer saw it and reviewed it immediately) and when I fixed all the problems and re-submitted it, it didn’t get reviewed again. :) And since then, lots of themes came up. My update is still in the queue :(

3445 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Not really, I don’t know how it works. I had one item soft-rejected, I re-submitted it because I didn’t find that issue. It got soft-rejected again within a few minutes(this time it either was at the top queue or the reviewer saw it and reviewed it immediately) and when I fixed all the problems and re-submitted it, it didn’t get reviewed again. :) And since then, lots of themes came up. My update is still in the queue :(

Ah, interesting. That is strange. I wonder if it’s just that they pull a section of items out of the queue to review, and then if something gets added back on later they won’t see it?

On the other hand, I’d rather get reviewed at the end of the queue rather than the head of the queue so that you’re the last one from that batch to be forced off the home page :) Small consolation, I know :P

by
by
by
by
by
by