26 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
level10 says

My theme was soft rejected due to the following:

Reason: Overall, this is a good concept but there are a couple issues here: We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere. I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality. Minimal templates can be clean and simple when you manage to handle the white space and details to provide a simple but yet unique template. But if you can’t, it will look like an incomplete template – blank template. The content area and inner pages are pretty generic and plain, and it will need more imaginations. please provide details item description. The front page gallery is a nice idea.

Any ideas 1.) What I could do with the inner pages? 2.) If the saturation they’re talking about is to do with the masonry/thumb design or the vertical header?

Parkour

Thanks!

43 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
MegaThemes says

They are probably talking about the windows-8 look alike design and concept of the themes they are getting lately..

Your inners look like they do not belong to the left black bar, they are out of context/too simple.

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
level10 says

Do the inners need more features or just more “fluff” to make them not look as simple? Do you think the vertical header can work with tweaking?

43 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
MegaThemes says
Probably more features and text but I would try to encapsulate the whole white background into a vertical white column and give the whole page a black BG color, see http://redirect.eugeneo.com/?theme=sideways-wp for ideas…..
26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
level10 says

Thank you very much for the help. I’ll see what I can do!

491 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
egemenerd says

Chrome screenshot

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

by