186 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemeBuddies says
Hello, we got our first rejection and it says “soft rejected”, but the reviewer had a lot of pointers so here it is:
1) Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality. 2) You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval. 3) You might consider improving your design with more unique graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. 4) This theme falls under “similar themes” and it doesn’t show any uniqueness to make it stand out. 5) I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere. 6) Also, what’s all this space forhttp://ivor.bz/L7Vn – meta info needs spacing between each list item, more contrast between icons and text too.

We just wanted you guys to give us some feedback and maybe few ideas how to improve it. I have something in my mind already, but still wanna hear your opinion. DEMO is here: http://www.rc-hc.com/themeforest/Sider/index.html

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

Cool template, for me there is too much space under the readmore buttons between post and also maybe divide them with the dotted line. same with the page numbers 123 too much space above the buttons.

The gallery i would add more than 9 pictures and also add the lightbox to it so when you click on the thumbs the big images show up. Also the gallery thumbs are not aligned properly. If you look at the space on the left the right is bigger. You will have to center the thumbs just like the other pages like the about page. The contact page is the same try to align the contact form like the about page same distance from the left and right.

The footer looks odd because there are 4 columns and the rest of the page looks like it’s made for 3 columns maybe have one column to the left and 2 to the right in your footer.

I would also add a image slider page with maybe 2-3 different image sliders as an option.

Maybe change the font for the h1 tags try some other fonts.

Cheers

Lester

186 posts
+1 more
ThemeBuddies says

Thanks for the reply mafloral. I am trying real hard to see the differences in the spaces. To me, it looks right. I have the “measure it” addon for firefox and I broke out that ruler to see if I could tell a difference in the gallery space and I don’t see it. Not saying it’s not there, just that I can’t see it. I do have a lightbox on the gallery and the flickr images.

For the forms on the about page and the contact page, are you saying that they should be centered on the page?

I like your idea of using the dotted line to separate the posts on the homepage.

I really don’t want to add a slider if I can help it just because they have been done to death. You do bring up a good point though. I could add one as an alternative homepage. I will do that.

I do see some bugs that need to be fixed also. So I will get to work on that. Just out of curiosity, How much space do you think should be under the read more buttons and the post?

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it. I will do my best to fix the things you pointed out.

186 posts
+1 more
ThemeBuddies says

I just had my ah ha moment. I see the extra space in the gallery you were talking about. Nice find, thank you.

by
by
by
by
by
by