5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
chapstix82 says

My design has been soft rejected twice. I may just trash it and start something new. But I would love to hear you guys honest opinion and feedback on what needs improvement.

3196 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
DzincStudio says
Moved to Item Discussion
75 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
UnknownDepths says

chapstix82,

I would say the main problem with this flyer’s design is overall cohesiveness, consistency, and integration of elements. I don’t see a general “theme” of colors, shapes, subject matter, fonts, placement and other things throughout this flyer’s design. It’s almost collage-like in a way, where the collage consists of pieces that have nothing to do with one another. Kind of random and all over the place.

Let me ask you some questions… How many different fonts did you use in this flyer? Why did you use the fonts you selected?

Why did you use certain effects in this design? I see some text-caption areas being transparent black, others solid black, some with outlines/strokes, others without. They seem to be visually unrelated to each other (aside from the color black and their rectangular shape) and don’t fit like the pieces of a puzzle (of design) should with each other.

I’m very curious of what the organization of the .psd file’s layers are like.

I would honestly say if you want to get this fly approved, fixate yourself using only a few of the many different elements you have included in this design, to make the entire design look more uniform. Challenge yourself and try to use 2-3 fonts max for this design. 1 style in terms of text-caption box area. 2-4 main colors for the over all design, and perhaps adjusting the placement of caption boxes in visible alignment with each other (vertically, horizontally, width and height).

- Nun Kwon

5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
chapstix82 says

Thanks Nun Kwon, I used about 7 different fonts in the design and to be honest I have no technique on using fonts. I just scroll down the font list until I find one that fits. However that’s something I must work at.

chapstix82,

I would say the main problem with this flyer’s design is overall cohesiveness, consistency, and integration of elements. I don’t see a general “theme” of colors, shapes, subject matter, fonts, placement and other things throughout this flyer’s design. It’s almost collage-like in a way, where the collage consists of pieces that have nothing to do with one another. Kind of random and all over the place.

Let me ask you some questions… How many different fonts did you use in this flyer? Why did you use the fonts you selected?

Why did you use certain effects in this design? I see some text-caption areas being transparent black, others solid black, some with outlines/strokes, others without. They seem to be visually unrelated to each other (aside from the color black and their rectangular shape) and don’t fit like the pieces of a puzzle (of design) should with each other.

I’m very curious of what the organization of the .psd file’s layers are like.

I would honestly say if you want to get this fly approved, fixate yourself using only a few of the many different elements you have included in this design, to make the entire design look more uniform. Challenge yourself and try to use 2-3 fonts max for this design. 1 style in terms of text-caption box area. 2-4 main colors for the over all design, and perhaps adjusting the placement of caption boxes in visible alignment with each other (vertically, horizontally, width and height).

- Nun Kwon
by
by
by
by
by
by