24 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Czech Republic
+2 more
jvitasek says

Hey guys, any ideas on this one? I made it for my father’s flat and thought somebody could use something like that, so I made it kinda general and English and posted it here. After 12 days of review queue, it got soft rejected. I did not spend a lot of time on it, I just liked the minimalism of it. Maybe it kinda lacks variety or content space, but it has to be readable from the street and it should not be overpopulated with text and all the bells and whistles.

The reason for soft rejection being that

the submission doesn’t meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to.
Here goes the banner:

29 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Colombia
+1 more
kokodesign27 says

Where is the picture?!...

24 posts
+2 more
jvitasek says

That’s super weird, it just vanished.

Here it goes again:

24 posts
+2 more
jvitasek says

Again, gone within 3 hours. Let’s try another uploader.

75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Foxxy_CZ,

Okay, after looking at this and thinking for a second I believe I may have some input for you.

1.) It looks very simple and plain. (although with all of this minimalist design focus it’s not a bad thing)

2.) It lacks areas for certain information, and the information itself. Typically when people are selling houses, condos or other living spaces, they provide: a.) the name of the person to contact; b.) an area for the business logo, c.) website and other info if needed.

So what I would do if I were you is keep the general positioning/layout. I like the upper/lower area space.

I like the colors but I would change the way they are used to show much more contrast between the two areas of information. What came to mind was taking that lower area and making everything between the upper and lower grey lines, grey, instead of white. Change the phone number to white. Underneath the phone number provide an area for a website and/or other information (in font size smaller than the phone number)

Move the “A flat for sale” and house image up a little. I’d say completely get rid of those colorful tab like things at the very top. Underneath the “A flat for sale” and house image should be text stating “CONTACT JANE DOE.” I’d center/justify the text across the entire span of the left edge of the upper text and right edge of the house image.

I think that may work better for Realty signage.

- Nun Kwon

24 posts
+2 more
jvitasek says

Hey Nun, I followed some of your tips and did a bit of thinking. Better?

75 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Foxxy_CZ,

I think you’re getting closer to a design that will be approved by Graphic River! :) One of the things that bothers me about this is the website. If I were driving by I wouldn’t be able to see it as clearly as the rest of the text on this signage, due to its size.

Maybe making it larger and positioning it to the right of a left aligned logo area at the very bottom would work?

I’d try that and see what happens. For some reason, I’m also thinking you may want to make all fonts uniform in this (1 font max); but I’m not so sure.

Anyway I hope some of that helps!

- Nun Kwon

24 posts
+2 more
jvitasek says

Thanks for such creative input, Nun! I tried resubmitting and it came out soft rejected again.

The hierarchy still needs adjustment. There is also a feeling that the items are a bit disconnected from each other.

+ Then there’s the need to reference the font URLs in the help file, which I haven’t fulfilled yet.

75 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Foxxy_CZ,

“There is also a feeling that the items are a bit disconnected from each other.”

After reading this, it made me want to suggest seeing what justifying your text would do to the overall composition. If all of the text and images were aligned against the same left and right borders, it would make things look more uniform and “connected.”

Play with the kerning and tracking of the words, along with bold/light/regular typefaces and font size to see if you can get areas of text to align as if they were filling an invisible “box.”

I’m pretty sure you’ll nail this one.

- Nun Kwon

24 posts
+2 more
jvitasek says

OK, some alignment going on, not sure if this is what you meant, but take a look. Again, thanks for your tips!

\\

by
by
by
by
by
by