5087 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I agree that there’s not masses of difference, but you could argue that the first link has a more elegant minimalism and the build through on the second one is a little feature that makes it unusual.

I think they’re all borderline projects though, given today’s level of quality and volume. My take on that is that if you make borderline projects (and there are already several hundred that look a lot like yours), then some of them will get through and some of them won’t. For those files on the borderline, the decisions may seem (and indeed be) a little arbitrary. Think like a reviewer. Why does Videohive need your product? Videohive is trying to make its marketplace as varied and dynamic as possible. They’re trying to engineer quality, quantity and choice for the buyer.

If you make sure that you make files that are highly original or fill a gap that isn’t already oversubscribed, then it won’t be a problem. There are a million different design directions you can go in, and I’ll guarantee you’ll have more fun than producing that corporate stuff. The best corporations in the world don’t do corporate.

If you do want to do minimalism, then you need to be really good. This is the same in freelancing as in stock. Where there are very few elements, there’s much more requirement that each element be just right. One of the biggest challenges of minimalism is to keep it minimal while making sure that it doesn’t become bland. Most people don’t have the first clue how to make something more interesting without adding elements. Minimalism is not easy.

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

In my opinion it was the “idea” what was rejected here. Comparing with others is irrelevant and unhealthy. I doubt it support will revoke reviewer’s decision. If I were you I’d go for something new.. which of course is easily said than done :) It pays back though, even if it takes some time. I am guessing.

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Christmas Island
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
c0nfuzzle says

There’s a lot of similar files. :)

700 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

new comers are the best:)

50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
telecast says

We need to be more design driven. The goal should not be extruding a logo (or showing pictures, or making typo, etc.) but producing eye catchy, neat stuff, that can be easily included to your own show reel :)

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
415 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
DsignProductions says

Ok, Ty guys. Glad to see videohive is raising the bar actually . Up to the next project.

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
415 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
DsignProductions says

Can I offer my rejected projects on videohive for free? Example: ‘Buy one project, get one free” with youtube/vimeo link?

5087 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Can I offer my rejected projects on videohive for free? Example: ‘Buy one project, get one free” with youtube/vimeo link?

No, you can’t.

90 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
HelloCharlie says

No, you can’t.
How is that possible when you’re in a forum asking the same question and received a positive response. Have the rules changed?
7372 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

No, you can’t.
How is that possible when you’re in a forum asking the same question and received a positive response. Have the rules changed?

I don’t understand what precise question you’ve asked but there’s a small chance that staff changed the rules on the fly and not bother to inform the authors, happened before.

I believe that new staff members are not informed clearly about the rules of each marketplace (or they just don’t do their part in reading all the faq and legal documents) and they assume the marketplace have certain rules and they go along with their assumption.

In their defense, the rules of envato network and each marketplace are spread around several websites, in some cases are not clear, sometime just assumed by old members or staff based on some forum thread made years ago.

So if you get different answers to your questions, this may be the reason.

For the issue quoted above, the rule “I know” states that you are NOT ALLOWED to offer any type of service, products, rewards if the buyer purchase the item.

Where this rule is written? I know it is somewhere but I don’t remember where :)

So NO:

• buy this and you get a free file
  • buy this and customization is for free
  • buy this and you customization price is 50% less
  • buy this and you get free support on my external forum (yes, offer free support is a reward when support is not required to be included in the price of the item)
  • list go on …

BUT I saw authors include the offers above (or other variations) in their items description.

So we don’t know for sure if a specific rule changed or not, if you ask staff with years of experience on the marketplace you may probably get the real answer. Or maybe not.

This is an old thread. Don’t know why you dig this up :)

before someone jumps above that free support offer, think for a moment, is logic that you are offering additional value to the product that is a reward for the purchase of your item and you also advertise it on the item page.

by
by
by
by
by
by