1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Ok for now i am not gonna post the whole story but just the latest happenings.

Our submitted new theme got trough a series of soft rejections due to some issues which got fixed and took us 5 days or so. And the last rejections was just to add a description to description page (which is absurd because we can add that at any time), we were for sure that next time it will get accepted, we submitted the same theme and added the description in 5 mins, Then we again waited for few days and then a shock we got a soft reject stating that basically the theme is almost totally broke and can’t be tested further on! We kept our cool and uploaded again with all the proof and repeated tests that it does work. Thinking surly they will respond fast and after 3 days now we got a soft reject with some more or less cosmetic changes that actually happen due to unity test without some settings of our theme and of course the style that is part of our theme.

The scariest part is that last soft reject that took us all together 5 days stated that the theme is broken and after re uploading the same theme it now worked????

Either somebody does not know how to do there job or is somebody deliberately prolonging this and treating us as fools.

This seriously injured our income, since we expected the theme online 6 days a go which would bring some more money and exposure for this month to pay our bills normally. Now coz of this joking around we are going to suffer financially.

You really need to redefine your testing procedures, we always put comments for the last few rejections so reviewers when they bounce around an item between them see what other reviewer sad its ok. In the past some of this things were tolerated because we fixed the theme in an 30 mins and re uploaded and got approved or a response now days every soft reject prolongs for 2 days or more the whole process.

Now again the part that irritates me the most is how come a reviewer says its ok and the other says its broken and then again its it works???!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Now we will yet again after we resubmit have to wait till Tuesday next week since envato in most cases does not do many reviews from Fridays to Tuesday.

I am utterly disappointed of the review process!

19 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Codemydesign says

Now again the part that irritates me the most is how come a reviewer says its ok and the other says its broken and then again its it works???!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

totally agree! Sometimes i don’t understand Envato review process too. This fact annoys me!

19 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Codemydesign says

heeyy!? want to hear reviewers or moderators opinion about this issue!

1525 posts
+5 more
Anps says

Would be cool yes, I mean I don’t mind rejections but, you have to keep in mind that rejecting and debugging in this way is time consuming and as I sad how come it works one time and does not the next time.

Sorry if I came out a bit harsh, but please do understand our point of view. We do have mouths to feed.

95 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Ninetheme says

If the template is 95% completed, should be considered. And in this regard we should send a message to the author. We’re already sending updated every week.

<php if $check == 95%> Approved and send message author for problems. else Hard reject!

<$php>

It is actually a very simple affair. A new policy on this issue is needed.

+1

19 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Codemydesign says

HEEEY?! this is fully disrespect.

1525 posts
+5 more
Anps says
http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/a-note-on-forum-censorship-and-locked-threads/140788

This summed it up, guess i was out of the line challenging anyone, sorry.

by
by
by
by
by
by