• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
patrickjansen says

In case your newly uploaded item gets soft-rejected (“hidden item”), it may not hurt to delete it and rename/reupload after fixing. As long as your item is not reviewed anew the clock will keep ticking, meaning that once it does get approved it will have the initial upload/creation-date. Which sequentially means it will disappear of the homepage sooner. I lost about a week of item exposure this way.

... so better to avoid before, then be sad after

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says

It is not a good idea to rename an item you are in the process of trying to have accepted. Reviewers rely on notes previously added to an item by other reviewers (and themselves) to track its history of rejection and resubmission and speed up the review process. If you try to game the system in a way that makes life harder for us we may be inspired to find more creative ways to reject your submissions ;)

Just joking. We would never do that … but seriously .. please do not rename items during the review / resubmission process.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says
It is not a good idea to rename an item you are in the process of trying to have accepted. Reviewers rely on notes previously added to items by other reviewers to speed up the review process. If you try to game the system in a way that makes life harder for us to monitor an item as it goes through the process we may be inspired to find more creative ways to reject your submissions ;)

What is soft-rejected? First time i hear this …. That’s a new thing..? or maybe i never notice this …

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says
It is not a good idea to rename an item you are in the process of trying to have accepted. Reviewers rely on notes previously added to items by other reviewers to speed up the review process. If you try to game the system in a way that makes life harder for us to monitor an item as it goes through the process we may be inspired to find more creative ways to reject your submissions ;)
What is soft-rejected? First time i hear this …. That’s a new thing..? or maybe i never notice this …

It’s been with us for ages. :D

412 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
patrickjansen says
Just joking. We would never do that … but seriously .. please do not rename items during the review / resubmission process.

Then the only alternative is reupload with the same name. It wouldn’t make any difference, in my opinion Envato’s should either allow reupload with same name or allow an alternative name. Otherwise it’s not right. Patience gets punished.

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
zefs says

It’s when your file gets rejected, but the reviewer tells you kind words in order to calm you down.
Hence the word “soft reject”.

There is the hard way though too :p

3072 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says
What is soft-rejected?

That is when they don’t reject your file entirely. It is removed from queue and placed on a waiting list, if it has a little problem that can be quick repaired. Example: I had a .php file in the preview zip – Not allowed.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

Ok thanks wickedpixel/zefs…

Hey Patrick try not to do that again, we have enough scandal here in Brazil ,do that again Ill send you right back to cutting dead tree’s in the amazons :P Have a nice weekend bro `

412 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
patrickjansen says
Hey Patrick try not to do that again, we have enough scandal here in Brazil ,do that again Ill send you right back to cutting dead tree’s in the amazons :P Have a nice weekend bro `

hehe, wasn’t intentionally. I actually forgot a tiny subroutine to load SWF ’s differently then Bitmaps in a AS3 version of a prior AS2 item i had. Was a minute of work. Uploaded right after the softreject

But anyway… the explanation of what soft-reject implies still doesn’t make the issue right. I uploaded a fix right after it was rejected and notified multiple reviewers/staff right away. Then I patiently waited. Don’t get me wrong, I waited because I know staff is busy and has lots of stuff to review. And I also know with the birthday bundle hype a bit patience could be expected. But as i said patience got me burned.

And ask any author here if they’d wait a week about inquiring if the item will be reviewed again soon, if they were aware that they’d be losing homepage exposure time each day it’s not done. Business is business and bet any author would keep sending reminders repeatedly if they are aware of this phenomena. I know I will next time.

I personally think that item-date, and ergo home-page-exposure duration, should start from the moment the item is actually ‘completed’. Could be a quick system adjustment but a lot fairer for authors who’ll be undergoing “soft rejections” from now on. And if that’s not possible, envato should allow a re-upload

just pointing out this detail to avoid colleagues possible future unnecesary frustrations.

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
LGLab says

I personally think that item-date, and ergo home-page-exposure duration, should start from the moment the item is actually ‘completed’. Could be a quick system adjustment but a lot fairer for authors who’ll be undergoing “soft rejections” from now on. And if that’s not possible, envato should allow a re-upload

+1, but it used to be like that so something must have changed. My last template was soft-rejected, but the date of publishing on AD corresponds to the date my template actually was approved, not the date it was first soft-rejected.

by
by
by
by
by
by