4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
Hey Patrick try not to do that again, we have enough scandal here in Brazil ,do that again Ill send you right back to cutting dead tree’s in the amazons :P Have a nice weekend bro `

I personally think that item-date, and ergo home-page-exposure duration, should start from the moment the item is actually ‘completed’. Could be a quick system adjustment but a lot fairer for authors who’ll be undergoing “soft rejections” from now on. And if that’s not possible, envato should allow a re-upload

just pointing out this detail to avoid colleagues possible future unnecesary frustrations.
When I will be on that boat ill tell what I think about it.

Also I don’t think we have multiple flash reviewers now, only 2 Rim and theflyingtinman unless I got this wrong also . but i test my file like a bazillion time before uploading, usually i take a one my nephew limit to the age of 6 then i test it on debug mode and i tell them start to press all the preview button, if you want to find a bug, crazy nephews will find it , if after 60 seconded there wasn’t any error the file is ready to upload. Logic. If file God forbidden was rejected NO play-station for a week :P logic also :D

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
... but i test my file like a bazillion time before uploading, usually i take a one my nephew limit to the age of 6 then i test it on debug mode and i tell them start to press all the preview button, if you want to find a bug, crazy nephews will find it , if after 60 seconded there wasn’t any error the file is ready to upload. Logic. If file God forbidden was rejected NO play-station for a week :P logic also :D

And do you know how happy that make me when I open the next file in the queue to review and see it is one of yours? It is like getting a little vacation because I know it’s not going to give me any headaches :)

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
+1, but it used to be like that so something must have changed. My last template was soft-rejected, but the date of publishing on AD corresponds to the date my template actually was approved, not the date it was first soft-rejected.

I think that change came over a year ago. It used to be that the publication date (on which it is sorted in the list) was the date it was uploaded but was change to be the date it is approved. As far as I know soft rejections don’t trigger the publication date, only approvals.

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

What PatrickJansen is referring to is actually soft-disable, not soft rejection. Soft rejected files are files that aren’t on the marketplace yet and don’t lose their place on the homepage no matter how long it takes to get reviewed.

Soft disabled is when your file is already in the marketplace, but there’s a file error so it needs to be removed. It’s typically something small in the preview that the reviewer didn’t catch or something in the download package. Either way, it makes it so the buyer isn’t getting what he paid for. We soft disable items so the author can fix them and reupload. Sometimes reviewing can take up to a week, but that’s not typical. In these cases, sometimes the author loses their homepage exposure.

To avoid this, authors should be extra careful when testing their files. Yes, the reviewers double check your files, but it’s more of a review to make sure it’s okay, not a super in-depth test. Unfortunately, proper testing can take hours. That’s why it is, and has always been, the responsibility of the author to make sure his file is working properly.

This is actually great news for all the authors that do properly test their files. It means that homepage space isn’t taken up by anything broken. :)

4140 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
... but i test my file like a bazillion time before uploading, usually i take a one my nephew limit to the age of 6 then i test it on debug mode and i tell them start to press all the preview button, if you want to find a bug, crazy nephews will find it , if after 60 seconded there wasn’t any error the file is ready to upload. Logic. If file God forbidden was rejected NO play-station for a week :P logic also :D
And do you know how happy that make me when I open the next file in the queue to review and see it is one of yours? It is like getting a little vacation because I know it’s not going to give me any headaches :)

Really? Ill tell my nephews they got some good testing feedbacks :P

Didn’t know you can get headaches from this job, but i don’t envy you .

Still for me number 1 boomer is to make all those preview setting like color atc`,i get screw a lot since sometime to enter xml value via class is not possible with out reload some other stuff on the value update just for the preview Only wish if i had some more time to make stuff here ……. Welll ..

Have a nice weekend and ma..y the reviewer force will be with you “thelfy….. :P

1277 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
rondog says
What PatrickJansen is referring to is actually soft-disable, not soft rejection. Soft rejected files are files that aren’t on the marketplace yet and don’t lose their place on the homepage no matter how long it takes to get reviewed.

Soft disabled is when your file is already in the marketplace, but there’s a file error so it needs to be removed. It’s typically something small in the preview that the reviewer didn’t catch or something in the download package. Either way, it makes it so the buyer isn’t getting what he paid for. We soft disable items so the author can fix them and reupload. Sometimes reviewing can take up to a week, but that’s not typical. In these cases, sometimes the author loses their homepage exposure.

To avoid this, authors should be extra careful when testing their files. Yes, the reviewers double check your files, but it’s more of a review to make sure it’s okay, not a super in-depth test. Unfortunately, proper testing can take hours. That’s why it is, and has always been, the responsibility of the author to make sure his file is working properly.

This is actually great news for all the authors that do properly test their files. It means that homepage space isn’t taken up by anything broken. :)

Thanks for clearing that up Lance. I had my last item soft rejected, but didn’t even think about that case that patrick brought up. Good to know you guys have already thought that one through!

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I thought soft reject was when you have a soft tip pen and throw it away. Just goes to show how dumb some people are. Or just me. Some people act hard, but I’m not. Maybe that makes me a soft reject. Who knows? I’m sorry. I just realized that I could have saved a lot more if I had switched to Geiko. :P

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says
+1, but it used to be like that so something must have changed. My last template was soft-rejected, but the date of publishing on AD corresponds to the date my template actually was approved, not the date it was first soft-rejected.
I think that change came over a year ago. It used to be that the publication date (on which it is sorted in the list) was the date it was uploaded but was change to be the date it is approved. As far as I know soft rejections don’t trigger the publication date, only approvals.

True, over 2 years ago actually :P

I got confused because Patrick said “soft-rejected”.

29 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
inkedchips says

Hey! I have been rejected several times before, even knowing that my item was Superb, of course you get angry, that’s what you call low tolerance to frustration, but I recomend that if your item has been rejected, keep the same name, and upload again after you made the changes, I uploaded a file SOOOO many times that I can’t recall. I’m a developer, I don’t do art, but to create a successful game, It has to have good graphics. I learned art, I learned creating interfaces, I learned to add some sound loops, and that anger made me learn from my mistakes. It’s not the energy you spend being angry, It’s where do you spend that energy.

Cheer up!

412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
patrickjansen says

I stand corrected, didn’t know that those were handled separately. So in other words if a file has been activated but right after ‘disabled’ to “hidden” items because it needs a fix, then that’s when the clock keeps ticking, right? That makes a little more sense, though still something for authors to be aware of so we can fix it a.s.a.p. and nag a bit extra to get it back up on homepage.

by
by
by
by
by
by