7613 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

The windows itself works? You have other computers on a local network? it worked before or after installing, the update and/or the antivirus?

1481 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Windows work as usual, maybe a bit faster after reinstall.
The program (Pro Tools) worked after installing Avast an SP3 , then I had some more Windows updates, some minor things and had a message that computer needs to be restarted… then problem appeared again :(

76 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+4 more
soundroll-music says

Hey, Mihaii I had the same problem – I think you need to have good antivirus software before you connecting to the internet. Format your discs and reinstall windows and then first install antivirus programm, turn the firewall on and only then connect to the internet. When I format my discs and reinstall windows, I downloaded this antivirus and now my comp is working without any problems.

1481 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says
Hey, Mihaii I had the same problem – I think you need to have good antivirus software before you connecting to the internet. Format your discs and reinstall windows and then first install antivirus programm, turn the firewall on and only then connect to the internet. When I format my discs and reinstall windows, I downloaded this antivirus and now my comp is working without any problems.

Those art the usual steps when I install, however, I’ll try this antivirus what you linked and do again the steps. Thanx
Now it’s the time when I start a new competition here: “Who get white hair faster than Win. install” ...or something…

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Lol I have done it so many times i can do it with in 2 hours, meaning reloading all my apps.

I am gonna go back to Mac if this windows 7 does not work out.

Cheers

1481 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Guys !!!!
I’m getting to the roots of this problem !!!

I reinstalled Windows, put SP3 , antivirus, updated all, put Pro Tools = same problem
I reinstall Windows, put SP3 , antivirus, TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES (some security updates I didn’t download), put Pro Tools and works just fine…
Thank you Microsoft for the useless security updates that block my programs :D

4341 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

The problem was so much easier.

1. Install a good spyware program ( Spyware DR my suggestion) that symptom is usually the warning sign of infection ( i have kaspersky it has…SHUT UP… it has nothing! Install the program )

2. Deep scan your PC. ( if you have a 500 gig hard drive, your dead )

3. After completed scans are done, go to sleep earlier, leave the PC on and defragment it! HARD CORE ! I suggest 2 defrags per each partition.

If you still have problems, then it’s a hardware malfunction. Repaired a computer in the past which had a faulty Video CPU , and was doing so, or faulty RAM ( memory for running programs is mostly running trough your ram like nuts )

:) I use the best Antivirus/Spyware program there is!!!! it’s called format c: enter y enter :D

1481 posts
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says
:) I use the best Antivirus/Spyware program there is!!!! it’s called format c: enter y enter :D

That made my day :D

Still, why with my all upates Pro Tools get faulted and with less updates runs just fine ?
If would be a faulty video card or ram, I think would go nuts regardles of security updates…

4341 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Because updates are shit! Updates are trial and error. Better go with the ” error ” that everyone uses and is fine than to update again and again, tell me why they keep putting out certain non safety updates? Because they find bugs that must be fixed. If it works fine with no updates, leave it that way. I have windows installed for over 9 months now, no updates, SP2 , Kaspersky Labs, and that’s that :)

Not 1 virus , not one error of any sort regarding WINDOWS itself. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by