• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Recently i got an extended sale for one of my CC items. Got no contact request from any author; they should contact me for final permission to pack it on a TF theme, nop? am i right?

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

I thought it was that they could buy an extended license for outside of TF purposes and if they were using it included in TF they needed to contact you to decide, so it depends where it shows up really

3433 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

I thought it was that they could buy an extended license for outside of TF purposes and if they were using it included in TF they needed to contact you to decide, so it depends where it shows up really

+1

Keep your eyes opened for new themes in the next month :D

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Addition to BenSheppard’s reason, a buyer may purchase Extended for another purpose too:

If the end product requires paid subscription to access. However I wonder how many buyers and authors aware this.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Thanks guys. The whole extended license is a mess. If finally is something that should be arranged outside the marketplace, can’t understand why there is a fixed price for it. As well as TF partnership, should be authors who decide the final terms of their own agreement.

199 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Romania
DanThemes says

Did the rules changed lately, because I remember that some time ago, in order to integrate an item from an Envato Marketplace inside your own item (e.g. a CC plugin inside a TF theme) you needed only the author’s permission, without having to buy the extended license first.

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

Did the rules changed lately, because I remember that some time ago, in order to integrate an item from an Envato Marketplace inside your own item (e.g. a CC plugin inside a TF theme) you needed only the author’s permission, without having to buy the extended license first.

The “rule” is you can buy an extended licence if it fits your needs

If you’re putting it on themeforest you need to contact the author of the plugin they might say, you need to pay more or less, it’s up to them and out of the constraints of Envato

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

If finally is something that should be arranged outside the marketplace, can’t understand why there is a fixed price for it. As well as TF partnership, should be authors who decide the final terms of their own agreement.

Actually it is not mandatory to purchase EL when a CC author grants permission to TF author (through private arrangements). If someone purchases EL for such deals, it is fair to assume both the parties actually using marketplaces as transaction medium – no wrong with that. It is not a rule but a choice.

Life Philosophy: Sometimes we manage to forget about the big fact that author is a copyright holder who has wide possibilities as long as obeying Exclusivity agreement :D

by
by
by
by
by
by