193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says
Secondly, does everyone believe that showing 3 rows is benificial? I think showing just 15 to 20 items (so 2 rows with more spacing) per day only can make the buyers to go through each icon. 3 rows has more chances to force the buyer to get out of the page. 2 rows are very easy scan horizontal with less efforts but 3 isn’t.

I agree, I don’t believe it has any added value. There will always be something unfair, something to improve on etc. Popular files or featured files can lead to awesome sales, but the homepage exposure doesn’t, really. I actually liked it better with two rows and not three. How many were there before the redesign? Three rows, but wasn’t it like, narrower?

30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+4 more
inmotion says
I think that there should simply be a clear and prominent button or link below the homepage items that goes to the next most recent 30.

I had an item that sold 5 while on the homepage and so I thought potentially a popular file contender. But as soon as it went off the hp, it sold nada.

It is just such an abrupt and final end, so I think a page 2 of recent items will spread the love a bit further.

M
This looks like a good solution but it’s not. You only move the problem with this idea, not solve it. Different files are still going to be on the homepage (and next 30 most recent page) for an unequal time and so not all files will get the same amount of exposure and not all files will get the same fair change to get on the popular page.

I can’t see any other solution than to have a second cue after the files are being reviewed. The only downside here is that it would take a little bit longer for files to be displayed on the homepage.
I think a second queue could work but only if we fix the current disorganized/monkey f-bomb upload process. (maybe that’s a little harsh)
For-instance there should be a consistent amount of files getting reviewed daily, no more of this bottle neck sh*t, reviewing 100 files in one sitting etc.
But for starters why not double up the thumbnails on the homepage?

With a second cue there is no need to change the curent reviewing process. That’s what the second cue is for, to spread out the files again so that at the end of the cue there is a steady amount of files with a fixed timeframe leaving the cue.

I agree with VecotFlower, It’s far better to have 2 rows for the reasons he explains. And there is another thing, more items displayed on the homepage will aslo make it more difficult to get on the popular page. For the reason he explains, but als because of number of sales on the homepage now have to be spread out among more files. So files wil get less potential sales and therefore will have a much more difficult time to get to the popular page.

30 posts
  • Located in Belgium
+4 more
inmotion says
Secondly, does everyone believe that showing 3 rows is benificial? I think showing just 15 to 20 items (so 2 rows with more spacing) per day only can make the buyers to go through each icon. 3 rows has more chances to force the buyer to get out of the page. 2 rows are very easy scan horizontal with less efforts but 3 isn’t.
I agree, I don’t believe it has any added value. There will always be something unfair, something to improve on etc. Popular files or featured files can lead to awesome sales, but the homepage exposure doesn’t, really. I actually liked it better with two rows and not three. How many were there before the redesign? Three rows, but wasn’t it like, narrower?

True, the homepage in it self doesn’t make many sales. But the popular page does. And the only way to get on the popular page is via the homepage.

3868 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

The home page isnt everything as i am learning with my template, its had a nice amount of exposure but only 11 sales…

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says
The home page isnt everything as i am learning with my template, its had a nice amount of exposure but only 11 sales…

Yes, it has less significance in the home page. The 2 queue system not only solves this but the items under recent files page. Some files getting less than a day of exposure (in the 1st page of recent items) while some getting 3 days exposure can really disturb the entry of weekly popular.

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

I wonder how you guys on FD manage who reviews when, do you have a weekly plan? like Jay on mondays, Saafi on tuesdays, Chuck on wednesdays and so on…

on AJ its only 1 reviewer per queue/categorie or how ever, so it’s not that messy :D

30 posts
  • Located in Belgium
+4 more
inmotion says
Yes, it has less significance in the home page. The 2 queue system not only solves this but the items under recent files page. Some files getting less than a day of exposure (in the 1st page of recent items) while some getting 3 days exposure can really disturb the entry of weekly popular.

For the moment exposure time on the homepage is between 1 and 5 days. That’s a huge fluctuation! Flashjunkie, I hope for your it will be 5 days because then you will be on the popular page for sure with your template and have many sales from there. But if you are unfortunate to be only for one day on the homepage your file will get stuck with 11 sales and not make it to the popular page and go in the archive with all the other files and only get a few sales from time to time. All your hard work will be a waste of time because the curent system does not give each file the same amount of fair exposure.

I for one will not put any more meaningful time in making a quality file as long as this homepage system is not working properly. The risk is simply to hight to invest a lot of time and then have the bad luck that your file is only for 1 day on the homepage.

900 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
I wonder how you guys on FD manage who reviews when, do you have a weekly plan? like Jay on mondays, Saafi on tuesdays, Chuck on wednesdays and so on… on AJ its only 1 reviewer per queue/categorie or how ever, so it’s not that messy :D

There is no method to it, they are all freelance so they review as and when, otherwise they would all be tied down to working the same amount of hours etc and that just wouldn’t work. Oh and Chuck hasn’t been a reviewer for a looooooooooong time :D

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
I wonder how you guys on FD manage who reviews when, do you have a weekly plan? like Jay on mondays, Saafi on tuesdays, Chuck on wednesdays and so on… on AJ its only 1 reviewer per queue/categorie or how ever, so it’s not that messy :D
There is no method to it, they are all freelance so they review as and when, otherwise they would all be tied down to working the same amount of hours etc and that just wouldn’t work. Oh and Chuck hasn’t been a reviewer for a looooooooooong time :D

you’re really good informed, aren’t you? are you maybe from the FBI ? you can tell me I don’t say it to anybody!! :D is there no other solution for a more organized or regularly review process? I mean I can imagine its pretty messy with that much reviewers

189 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
mbudm says
For the moment exposure time on the homepage is between 1 and 5 days. That’s a huge fluctuation! Flashjunkie, I hope for your it will be 5 days because then you will be on the popular page for sure with your template and have many sales from there. But if you are unfortunate to be only for one day on the homepage your file will get stuck with 11 sales and not make it to the popular page and go in the archive with all the other files and only get a few sales from time to time. All your hard work will be a waste of time because the curent system does not give each file the same amount of fair exposure.

I for one will not put any more meaningful time in making a quality file as long as this homepage system is not working properly. The risk is simply to hight to invest a lot of time and then have the bad luck that your file is only for 1 day on the homepage.

My only problem with the idea of engineering a definite amount of time on the homepage is that this opens up to complaints of when you get that time – eg 24 hrs from Friday night to Saturday morning is not the same value of exposure as 24 hours mid week.

funneling some people into the all files search page would give some chance to files that did well during their home page time – eg in the example above maybe this file would sell 3 or 4 the day after home page, then 1 or 2 the day after that which maybe that little extra to get it into popular files.

One other thing I would like to see is a popular uploaded last week section – so then people can easily see the new popular files rather than the consistently popular ones. It needs a cathier title I admit… like Highlights from last week.

....now I realise that I am simply talking about an automated version of the last weeks featured files doh!

by
by
by
by
by
by