14 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
E-Wok says

Hi, i tried 4 month ago to make my first html template but after many(20+) rejection i understand i do all wrong on this first template, so i tried to make a coming soon template, it seems to me more easy to do than a html template with a lot of different pages and better to start dev for Themeforest.

I make a mock-up on paper and after a psd, i tried to do my best to having a clean code without to many plugin, it work on all browser.

The first time i send it reviewers say me the design wasn’t unique enough unique enough and falls under similar themes. So i ad about information and a ajax contact form with a php send file (everythings works)

The second and third time reviewers ask me to work on technical quality and look the others marketplace items. i made minor improvement and i move the about and contact form on the middle of the template to avoid some low resolution issue (beforeabout and contact was on the righ of the screen in absolute position), i also work on typography.

Today the reviewer say me my change aren’t enough and i should ask advice to the Themeforest community so here i am.

Demo : http://kapella.e-wok.fr/

(Is it because i make myself the ajax form and the animations ? because most of the theme only use plugin …)

Thanks a lot for your advice:)

74 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Panama
solybarr says

These are just ideas… nothing more nothing less..

idea 1.. Have you thought of putting that contact form as a dropdown slide from the Menu bar , instead of having it float from nowhere.. I honestly didnt know what that + sign was.. I clicked it to test it..

idea 2 How about a simple heading “Coming Soon” in a larger font instead of all this text “You can put your coming soon message here, with some hightlighted content”

Remember, version control is your friend… It seems almost ready.. the black box is bothering me… maybe something more stylish.. rounded corners, some transparency???

Just my input.. Regards, S.

14 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
E-Wok says

Thanks for your advices i’m going to tried those changes !

14 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
E-Wok says

So, i tried to do something different on Photoshop following your advice, here the result : - big coming soon, new menu, new opacity and drop down about/contact

http://kapella.e-wok.fr/Kapella2.jpg http://kapella.e-wok.fr/Kapella2-about.jpg

What do you think of those changes ?

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

What i see from the top – the arrows on the top right are not aligned in their circle container + about the website has no padding + fonts are not readable + the footer has no padding rules + left menu has no rules for padding => you have a lot of work on spacing issues, there are a lot of them.

14 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
E-Wok says

Thanks Duotive i will work on spacing for the new version !

14 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
E-Wok says

Here a new try : http://kapella.e-wok.fr/Kapella3.jpg

I improve spacing, put a bigger coming soon text, and change the menu

124 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
bluenila says

Hi,

Your all 3 designs are good. But you have to work on the padding and alignment in this layouts.

Still I noticed the same issue as “duotive” mentioned. “the arrows on the top right are not aligned in their circle container”

74 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Panama
solybarr says

Here a new try : http://kapella.e-wok.fr/Kapella3.jpg I improve spacing, put a bigger coming soon text, and change the menu

O my gosh its looking awesome.. for me at least!!! :)

I think the coming soon size is ok (?)

S.

14 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
E-Wok says

Well i liked the old about/contact button and javascript animation so i improve the template using all your advice and i just get soft rejected, the reviewers just ask me to improve padding between title, subtitle and countdown and make the countdown less dull and plain. So i just need to work a little more on the template and it probably be ok ;) kapella.e-wok.fr

by
by
by
by
by
by