30 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
aquiathemes says

Your work is very well-done, no doubt. (Ok, there some small faults–just as example 1,2,3,4 on the Home page sit too close to text underneath, but they are not so essential). The problem is that your theme really looks like other ones (above mentioned by you) and therefore you lose a chance to be accepted. I am not always able to differ between paintings of Janco and Archipenko, but the aspect of certain similarity in their case is resolved already–every museum is proud to exhibit works of them both. In your case you will need to stand out by very simple reason–people who need themes like Karma will go to buy from Karma. Karma has solid (and justified) reputation, masses of sales, so the question that might rise in people’s (customers) minds is why to buy from you if there is Karma? Therefore, if you will add something, just one element (just as an example parallax background or differently laid out navigation or anything you consider appropriate in your theme)–that’s it, you are different, you have something that other themes do not. And judging on the outcome you have now, you are absolutely able to make something that will make people to think “It is different, I have not seen such thing before, I want it”. Wish you good luck, Tanya

Thanks for your nice comment, but this theme is not Wordpress based and has many advantages compare to wodpress and drupal ones. however i have customers waiting for my works specially in Drupal community but i need a convincing reason why the Themeforest rules excludes some authors that i mentioned before.

1237 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
LoveThemes says
http://awesomescreenshot.com/065t9omd4

Work on the details and overall polish.

-Scott

23 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
DoubleMThemes says

Hi Carlo:

Hadn’t seen your post. I also been trying to submit a theme I’ve been working since December, but was also rejected on a similar way.

At the end, reviewers might be right, but purchases and specially on Drupal category wich is “very empty”, are the ones with the final word. Glossy sales are awesome, it might not be compared with a Wordpress top seller, but can be with a Drupal one.

I don’t mean aproove anything to populate a empty category, but “There are others similar” or “similarity” must be taken on really care on these cases. Drupal has a very limited field on ThemeForest and should be a little bit more exploded. I don’t mean flexible aproval policies, but can’t be definitively compared with Wordpress.

I finally had to give up with my design and I started a new one from scratch, cause it’s really frustrating and i don’t think it’s a non competitive Drupal Theme. If you like to take a look: http://demos.doublemthemes.com/sencillo/

Regards.

Jorge

439 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Pixelous says

jagutierrez, cool! :)

23 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
DoubleMThemes says

jagutierrez, cool! :)

Thanks dude, I wish you were my reviewer lol :)

by
by
by
by
by
by