470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Why to suggest him refer for the refund or even worse–to refund him on your own expense??? I could never understand such things… Do not respond, do not pay attention, forget about him. More you communicate with such type of people–more nerves you waste. If today you will stop responding, tomorrow you will get 2 letters from him, in a a day one letter and in three day no one.

405 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

I’m politely responding to his requests. If Envato would implement a possibility to issue a refund it would be one of the best features ever. I’m still laughing when I read the message with the lawsuit :)

What if after buying and downloading the theme, I deliberately abuse you to get a refund and then post your theme for free download in a pirate site.
that feature will be abused.
just stop responding to the client as there is no need to provide support.

487 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

virtuti, maybe you’re right. But he just wants to give that refund so… :)

SkatDesign, the worst think you can get from this is one star rating.

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

I understand refund can be issued only in case if a product is bad, broken, non-working, whatever else. Otherwise I do not see any connection. As for me, if I meet such type of buyers I stop responding, it works like a charm, my nerves are saved, money for my labour too.

As for rating, this is the last thing which interest me in life, honestly.

153 posts I think about colours
  • Located in Greece
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+3 more
SkatDesign says

It seems it kinda settled down after I’ve responded him. Though the 1 star remained and the fix to his problem was deleting a page and creating a new one.

I too don’t care much about ratings but only if a buyer has a legit reason. Not reading the docs. is not a legit reason.

It’s just funny that people rush into things before ever thinking about it. Funny and sad in the same time :)

I still think that, sometimes, the only way to go is a refund :)

172 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
subsolar says

I always image clients like these like a little sad people..

1002 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Just put yourself a bit in “his shoes”: maybe he really needs a website, he bought a theme and he really-really need his website up and running. But he doesn’t know much about WordPress/HTML/etc…..programming is a foreign language for him and he really-really need help :) My husband is an example of such a client :D LOL

I take these situations as challenges. This is a real challenge for you and your support. If you can transform this into a 5 stars rating afterwards, then, trust me, you can do ANYTHING.

Instead of becoming nervous or frustrated, just try to put yourself in his shoes.

153 posts I think about colours
  • Located in Greece
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+3 more
SkatDesign says

Just put yourself a bit in “his shoes”: maybe he really needs a website, he bought a theme and he really-really need his website up and running. But he doesn’t know much about WordPress/HTML/etc…..programming is a foreign language for him and he really-really need help :) My husband is an example of such a client :D LOL

I take these situations as challenges. This is a real challenge for you and your support. If you can transform this into a 5 stars rating afterwards, then, trust me, you can do ANYTHING.

Instead of becoming nervous or frustrated, just try to put yourself in his shoes.

Well what do you know, I got an answer :)

“Pleased to say that the issues were caused by a third party plugin, upon further review.”

I agree with you but I didn’t even had time to answer the support questions.

Also, did you read the msg with the lawsuit threat? :)

2 posts
Soopersam says

Somebody help me plz. I am using Jarida theme on my website dramashour.com bt some of posts does not shows the post’s images. :( I am so much worried about. Sooper Sam

1002 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Yes, I saw that message, it’s funny :) when people do not have any other alternatives, they do what they can….you know that proverb “Great talkers are little doers.”

by
by
by
by
by
by