20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+2 more
Kay_B says

okay, here i am again, in this situation… I’ve submitted this design as a psd, and it was rejected, the reviewer told me, if i should code it in html, there is a better change it would be accepted…. I’m more than happy to code it in html, but before i do so, could you all please tell me what could use some improvement? as i am the creator from this template, i think it’s awesome !!!! but the reviewers don’t… so: it’s based on the 960.grid system. it’s a corporate template…and the main idea is to keep it as clean as possible. and i won’t use special fonts….not even for the logo. the user must be able to change or use the template right out of the box, and if coded in html, the title should be html to…. oh and yeah, the little dark boxes on some of the pages, are the comments for that post…. found out it wasn’t obvious to someone else…

so, if you could all please give me some advice, cause, I’m actually pretty proud of my work i’ve done so far, and would love to see it on themeforest sometime…. right click on the images >view image to see the whole image… (logo’s only used for mock-up, not included in final download)

20 posts
  • Located in Belgium
+2 more
Kay_B says

anyone got suggestions?

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

I just quickly looked at it and it seems a bit plain. One thing I always notice about your files is the typography always looks a bit rough.

33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dotsona says

Pretty good layout man,

I would mainly work on your typography, the body text seems a little to small, I would also recommend you explore kerning and leading a little more (perhaps some leading in the body text). Lastly I really think it’s crucial that you use anti-aliasing on your font’s. I see right now your using the default of (none). Maybe try crisp, that is always a good setting to go with. It can really make a HUGE difference in your designs.

Keep it up, Andrew

20 posts
  • Located in Belgium
+2 more
Kay_B says

okay, thans so far, for the typo-thingie: i intentionally use no anti-alliassing on my type, beacause, when you buy, and hopefully code this template as a customer, you won’t get something completely different than you’ve bought… that’s also the reason why i don’t use “special”-fonts, other that standard fonts….i mean, arial, verdana…and so much more fonts are great to work with and very flexible…why use 1000 different fonts ?

so, it’s to plain…but the main lay-out is okay…do i get it right?

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says
i intentionally use no anti-alliassing on my type, beacause, when you buy, and hopefully code this template as a customer, you won’t get something completely different than you’ve bought… that’s also the reason why i don’t use “special”-fonts, other that standard fonts….i mean, arial, verdana…and so much more fonts are great to work with and very flexible…why use 1000 different fonts ?
I don’t buy the idea that you turn off anti-aliasing so that it’s a better representation of what you will get. Your trying to sell them on your designs and if there able to code then they know that there is limitations. I don’t think anyone said anything about using a 1000 different fonts. I just thought I would point out that you could really benefit by exploring the possibilities with typography.
by
by
by
by
by
by